Day 65

It was a success. What was? Ogakichi's confession, of course.

Ogakichi reported this to me, blushing, after I woke up today before pairing up for kata with him that had become my daily routine before morning practice.

Well, I expected it to be a success so I was not surprised. Perhaps Ogakichi did not realize it, but Asue had fallen for him since some time ago.

The intelligence that Asue had already consulted with Dhammi about it had fallen into my hands, so the rumor was definitely true.

There really was no worry about him getting rejected; I even secretly shared all the details of yesterday's strategy meeting with Dhammi using the cuff-type communication devices in order to buy time to orchestrate their meeting properly.

The fact that things turned out this way was all a matter of course.

The only thing I was worried about is whether he would get too excited last night and break Asue.

TL Note : He's an Ogre, but Asue should be just as big.

Well, I mentioned previously that I had put Ogakichi in charge of the male elves so he could get advance practice, but there was precedent where he broke various things his first time with a partner that had a 1 meter difference in physical size. He was assigned a 2 meter tall Elf, the biggest of them, and right now the Elf is being healed by Hobuji and kept in bed.

Asue is currently the top miner of spirit stones that pop up around the area, because of the influence of Velvet's Dungeon, and various rare metals, so it would put a dent in work efficiency if she couldn't work.

The current Asue is an excavator-like existence.

I wonder if I should regulate her plans.

That was what I was thinking, but as far as the reports I've heard, everything seems to be fine.

Maybe it was thanks it not being Ogakichi's first time, or that Asue is tough, or because he honored the promise he made with me last night at the strategy meeting, it seems he was able to do it in moderation. It's a pleasant thing.

At any rate, during today's kumite, Ogakichi was so spirited he took several of my punches.

Note: kumite is similar to kata in that it 's one of the three main sections of karate training.

With trembling knees he was still smiling. His high spirit after taking the hits was so frustrating I might have to make some black Skeletons to let out my feelings on. I started on that immediately.

Sparring finished at noon. Ogakichi and I were heading out to go capture Hind Bears when Dhammi and Asue came up and said they wanted to come along.

When I asked Asue about how her mining was progressing, she said she had been steadfastly working all morning and had met her quota, so for the first time in a while the four of us went hunting.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to encounter any Hind Bears as we hoped, but we succeeded in hunting:

5 Stamp Boars

6 Poison Mantises with 1-meter bodies and sickles dripping with purple venom

4 Rhinoceros Beetles with 1-meter long horns and lustrous black iron-like exoskeletons

5 Argiope

4 Demon Spiders

3 Messenger Locusts grey-shelled and 60cm long

11 Yellow Monkeys with yellow fur and strangely-growing tails.

As expected from an area that we haven't been to before, there were lots of monsters that I hadn't eaten yet. Unfortunately, the shelled insect-types like the Poison Mantises and Rhinoceros Beetles would be poisonous if anyone else ate them, so the stock of the area weren't great.