Day 74

Because of the traps set by us and the Elven army, the humans lost a lot of their numbers, and it appears to have slowed down their advance.

Father Elf taught us nasty twofold, threefold, and fourfold combination traps; they seem to have been very effective.

The humans realized that internal intelligence had leaked because their route for advancing had become a trap-laden forest. So, as a countermeasure they temporarily withdrew their front to revise their strategy.

While one of my clones infiltrated to gather detailed information, we started to set up a surprise attack for the Supply Unit, which was scheduled to bring supplies to the humans stationed in the forest.

Supplies are a matter of life and death during a campaign. This being a forest, food and water is easier to come by than, say, a desert; but due to the enemy's large numbers they would need more food than that, and they're also useful even if morale broke. Besides that, arms and armor are also subject to wear and tear.

It'll be especially useful to reduce their expendables, like arrows, from here on. Also, as we can use the weapons we take, we'll be killing two birds with one stone.

The Supply Unit came along from the plains.

We can't attack them on the plains; because obviously, we are too few in number. Our numbers, including the 47 prisoners of war, did not even reach 200 people; the number of those who can fight is even less.

In comparison, the Supply Unit consists of more than 600 people. At least three times as much as us. Due to this difference in numbers, it would be stupid to attack on the open plains.

Well, they're not an enemy we couldn't defeat if we played our cards right, but considering the damage our side would take, it might be wiser to stop.

For that reason, we waited for the Supply Unit to arrive in the forest.

According to the information I obtained from Female Knight and Rusty Iron Knight, the supply unit had reached the kill point.

I looked at the slaves lurking behind me.

Although some of the slaves' faces went pale because of it, I raised my clones' control power over them using 【Parasite】; as a result, there were many among them that couldn't even move a finger out of their own free will.

It would be better if they would fight for me out of their own volition, like Rusty Iron Knight does, but I realized I don't have any other choice. To me, they are nothing but disposable pawns anyway.

Because it couldn't be helped if they'd look gloomy after this, I intended to make good use of them.

My next plan wasn't anything special.

First of all, since Rusty Iron Knight was an ally now, there were only 17 male slaves left. I had ten simple Noble Knights, who didn't have any 【Jobs】 like 【Magician】 or 【Enchanter】, go ahead to the Supply Unit.

Then, we pretended to pursue them.

Human Knights were running away, followed by screaming, armed Ogres, Goblins and Kobolds, high on murderous intent.

Watching something like this, it should be enough for the enemy to identify their friends, and usually, one would try to protect those who look like friends without question.

However, because their awareness would be focused on their enemy, there was a chance they would not help. But, it was a great success.

After it was confirmed they had successfully infiltrated, we hid in a trench that we built a little further away and used our mass-produced Repeating Crossbows to fire arrows that were smeared with poison at our enemy, being careful not to hit the slaves. Those who could use magic used it to weaken them, and the Hobgoblin Shaman had 6 ghosts use 【Despondent】 on our enemy to add to the weirdness of the situation.