Chapter 12

*The next day*

*LEIGH ANNE POV*

I wake up in Liam's arms, feeling warm and safe. I snuggle closer and open my eyes a little wider. It suddenly hits me where I am.

"Jesy..." I whisper, recalling what had happened the night before. I shake my head trying to erase the memory but it doesn't work so I get up and pace around the corridor, trying to think of something, anything else.

After a couple of minuets pass I stop and look to my right, realising that I'm standing next to Jesy's door.

Maybe she was just pretending and is asleep on the other side. I think, I tell myself I'm being stupid but the next thing I know my hand is on the golden door handle and I walk into the room. Hope in my heart.

*************************************

*NIALL POV*

I hear the door open, hope fills my heart as I shoot up to see her.

"Je..." My smile disappears.

"Oh, Leigh Anne."

The rush of disappointment is overwhelming and I feel myself crumble as she looks, apologetically, at the floor.

"Why her, Leigh?" I ask. She shakes her head opening her mouth to speak but no words come out so she closes it again.

"Why her? Why Jesy?" I am sobbing now and I'm surprised that Leigh can understand what I'm saying.

"You know, just then, I thought you were her... How stupid can I get!? She's dead! DEAD Leigh Anne! Dead..."

More tears fall.

"Every second feels like a lifetime and with each one I hope to see her walk through that door, just like you did! But she never does. I don't understand, I told her I would keep her safe! She told me that she wouldn't leave me in this place! So why is she not here and why am I alone!?"

I forget Leigh Anne is in the room and shout to the ceiling.

"It's our fault, Jesy - you know that!? We brought everyone here for a stupid fucking bet! But I'm not dead yet! Why do you get the easy way out Jesy!? leaving me alone like this."

I turn back to Leigh Anne.

"That woman. That bitch thinks she can just go around taking peoples lives!? That's fucked up! Jesy had her whole life ahead of her... a loving husband, amazing, beautiful children, a big house with a swimming pool! Thats what she deserved; A long life, she deserved to die an old age in her own bed with people she loves beside her. But instead she dies in a strangers big ass mansion, in the middle of no where on a cold marbled floor at the age of 23 and that's the end of it!?"

I look up to the ceiling again and speak in a calmer voice.

"Would you have married me, Jesy? Would I have been your husband, the father to you children?"

The silence hits me like a brick - once again the disappointment of no reply overwhelms me and I fall to the floor.

"I just want to hear her voice again." I plead as I feel a large hand on my back.

"I know, man." Harry chokes the reply and even though he's so close his voice is muffled under the ringing in my ears.

"I know.."