Brooklyn 10

Photo above is Brooklyn.

She is now roughly 20 weeks along.

I stare at the base of the shiny, freshly cleaned toilet. I can feel the cold tile against the side of my face (and all the germs along with it) and can smell the potent scent of bleach. My left hand lays gently across my stomach muscles, which feel as though they may be spasming, and my right hand falls just above my head, feeling the same wet, cooling sensation the right half of my face feels.

I have had the worst morning sickness in all of my experience being pregnant in the last two hours. What doesn't help us that Alex left about three hours ago to see his friends, so, not to be needy or anything, he wasn't here to comfort me.

I can only guess about five minutes have passed by since I've last thrown up, and I hear the main room door open and then close, and I pray it is just Alex.

"Brooklyn?" I hear Alex's sweet, deep voice gently call out. I don't have the export to stand up, but I can hear his footsteps as he walks to the bathroom.

I see the door open and barely move my head an inch to look up.

"Brooklyn, are you okay? Oh my god what happened?" Alex quickly knelt down next to me and took my hand in his.

"Its just morning sickness. I'm okay. Will you help me up? I need to shower." He nodded and slowly, every si gently grabbed my hands in his and helped me up. A wave of dizziness took over me and I fell forward. Alex caught me and a look of concern was plastered on his face.

"I'm scared Brooklyn. Are you sure everything's fine?"

His words and the state I am in convinced me otherwise, and I shook my head no.

"No, we should probably go to the doctor to check everything. But first, I really need to shower? If its not to awkward to ask, will you help me?"

"Anything for you, my love."

I smiled lightly and sat down on the toilet to keep myself steady.

"Lift your arms up," I did as I was told and gingerly brought my arms up as Alex softly took off my top and pulled it over my head. "Hold onto my shoulders and Ill help you take off your pants," I nodded again and stood up, balancing myself by placing my hands on his shoulders as he recommended. He untied my sweatpants and pulled them down my legs, me lifting up each foot for him to take them completely off.

Oddly enough, I didn't feel uncomfortable with him. Alex and I have gotten so close the last two months, we are basically dating. I love him, I really do, and I don't know where I would be without him in my life.

Now all I was left in is my sports bra and underwear. He looked me up and down and smiled, blushing slightly.

"What?" I asked.

"Your baby bump, its so cute. Look," I walked a few feet over (with Alex's help) to the mirror and looked. I got ready eyed when I looked because it truly was cute.

"Awww," I gushed, leaning back onto Alex's chest. "Alex, I love you. And I know our baby will love you too. You may not be the biological father, but you have already been more of a dad to my unborn child than the biological father has. If you would like, I would love to raise our child together."

"I love you too baby, and that sounds like the most perfect plan ever. I will without a doubt raise our child with you."

That's it for that chapter! Possibly Brooklyn 10.5 will be up tonight! Should I update again??