chapter 4

I was starting at the golden coins towering in front of me while Snape was putting some in a small bag. I couldn't trust my eyes. I have never even dreamed to possess something except some old torn clothes. I was planning how to increase the amount for rainy days when the sneering sound of Snap pulled me out of my important future business plans.

"Miss. Potter care to tell what have you found interesting in some metal coins?"

I quickly joined him out of my vault not to upset him. I was afraid he leaves me alone in this crowded and confusing alley. We rarely went outside of orphanage , because of this I wasn't comfortable with crowded places and I felt like I'm getting suffocated.

When we returned to main floor Snape gave me the small bag containing money. I didn't expect it to be heavy like this. I thought they have charmed it to be light as a feather. I wondered why wizards can't use paper money.

"Stay hear and Don't get near the goblins."without hearing my response, he went swiftly to a goblin I guessed to be their boss. After some minutes he came back. I was so much excited to go shopping that I couldn't control my huge grin and started asking questions on our way which Snape simply ignored most of them and didn't paid attention.

*

*****
"There are just two shops we have to go and then I can go and do my important tasks."

He was talking like I have wanted him in the first place to assist me. It was obvious he wanted to get rid of me as fast as he could because when I went to buy my books he left to buy cauldron and ink while I really wished to buy them my self and see all of  the shops.

I really wanted to snap at him but I bit my lip and reminded myself that he has helped me although reluctantly.

"This shop is the most important. It was better we would come here first of all but it was closed. Wands choose their masters so you've to simply wave it till you see a golden light surrounding you."

I nodded. It was good that before we enter every shop he gave me some explanations about it.

"Professor Snape ...any problem with your wand?"

I looked at the old man who had now averted his eyes from Snape to me. " Actually I'm here to assist miss.Potter."

"Ahh..dear miss. Potter. I was waiting for your brother but It's good to see his twin sister too..wait a second ."

I forced a smile. It looked like every shopkeeper was waiting for him.

"It should work for you..wave it my dear. "  I didn't feel anything when I hold it. A small wave was enough to break the lamp above his head. " maybe this one"

This process continued for 9 wands. I was nervous and my hands were sweating and trembling. What if I'm not a witch??what should I do? I will have to return to the orphanage while Harry will be a famous wizard. I will be a complete shame to Potter's generation.....

My thoughts broke when I felt Snape put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it gently.  "Don't worry Rebecca. You're definitely a witch. There's no doubt about it. If you want we can come back later...."

I interrupted him  " no , thank you sir. I think It's better to find the right one now...because there will be no way to stop my worries in other case."

==========
Severus didn't know why he did this work. Putting his hand on a student's shoulder and comforting by calling her first name and promising to come back later. Did he really loose his mind? But he couldn't stop himself when he saw those small trembling hands and the frightened eyes. He could easily read her thoughts. The impatient Olivander was making her worse. He was confused about this too. Why she can't find her proper wand? Usually people find them in the third or fourth try.