Happiness and Heartbreaks (part 2)

(italics are flashbacks)

"Dad, do you think astronauts have waffles in space?"

"Actually lee-lee, the do, but they probably eat it from a tube, you know, like toothpaste."

"Like toothpaste?" you hear Leah's exclamation at the description of the dining style of the astronauts as you make your way towards the kitchen. In the kitchen you see Leah and Harrison making breakfast. More like Harrison making breakfast and Leah sitting on a kitchen stool and pestering him with random questions, which he happily answers.

This has been a regular occurrence since you moved in with Harrison. You had to admit, it was a surprise to see how well Leah took to him, even after it was revealed to her that Daniel was not her real father, but Harrison was. Your mind wanders back to the conversation you had with Leah about Harrison.

"Okay, Leah, mama needs to talk to you, and god you are so little, and i don't know." You sat on your daughters bed, who has turned five just two weeks ago. It has been a wild few months. Coming to London for Christmas, meeting Harrison again, and trying to sort out everything. And after the conversation you had with your mother and Harrison and the advice your father gave you, you knew it was only fair to let the little girl know the truth, before she grows up more, and starts hating you for lying to her all her life.

"Mama, I'm a big girl now. I can have a big girl conversation." Leah says, her big eyes looking at you with all the trust in her heart.

"Okay," you had no idea how to start, "remember when you asked where babies come from, and I explained to you?"

"yes, you said that if you love someone very much and if you want a baby together, then you and the person have to apply to Baby Corp. and if they approve your application, then they will give you a baby." She explains, almost making you laugh. She had asked the question while watching Boss baby, so the answer was not hard to think of.

"Yes, and the thing is, I did not apply for you at the Baby Corp. with your dada. I applied for you, with your uncle Haz." You say carefully, checking her expression, which was turning to that of confusion.

"I don't know what that means." She asks.

"Baby, uncle Haz is your dad. Daniel, your dada, is your dada of course. But your father is Harrison." You prayed to god, you knew you were not doing it right, and you hoped you were not breaking your daughter with this.

"So, you mean, that uncle Haz is my dad? He is not my uncle? But my daddy?" Leah asks slowly.

"Yes"

"And Daniel is my dada?" she scratches her head, "but, why haven't I seen Haz before then?"

"Well, baby, we had a fight, and we both made mistakes, so I moved away. And then I had you, and I met you dada..." you trail off, not knowing what to say anymore.

"okay." She nodded her head, "so, do I have to call uncle Haz dada now,? "

"Baby, you can call him whatever you want to. If you are not okay with calling him dada, then you don't have to."

She seemed to be deep in thought, as deep in thought a five year old can look, before nodding her head again, "I will call him dad. Daniel will always be my dada, even though he is a star now." Her words almost make you choke with tears. That was a hard conversation for both of you.

"Okay, whatever you want baby. I just want you to be happy." You hug her tight, thinking when did she become so understanding and accepting. You had expected a crying fit, what you never thought is she will be so understanding.