There is an Exit After All

I awoke on my back in what I can feel to be a wooden box. I take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. I reach into my pockets and grab out my phone. Out of my pocket and the pocket knife dad bought me when I was little. I open the phone and notice that I don't have any service. 'Perfect'.

"Hello," I hear.

"Jo," I question.

"Yeah, I'm here," she tells me.

"Whose there," I hear another voice call out.

"Is your name's Teresa," Jo calls out.

"Yes," the voice replies.

"This won't make you feel better, but Ariel and I, We're here to rescue you," Jo tells her with a bitter note to her voice.

"Oh god. He's out there, he's gonna kill us," I hear Teresa call out.

"No, he won't. We're getting out. My friends are looking for us, they'll find us," Jo tries to reassure the other victim. Quiet footsteps fall nearby: the spirit approaches.

'SAM!!! If there is ever a time I wish you could hear me now is the time,'

'Ariel?'

'Oh thank god, are you okay, are you with Jo'.

'I'm fine, and sort of. We are in what I can see to be a sewer drain'

I am suddenly brought out of my mind by a very familiar scream from Jo.

"Jo are you okay," I yell out.

"Yes, son of a bitch took chunk of my hair out," she tells me.

'Sam please hurry, I'm not sure how much damage this man can do, but I surely don't want Jo, Teresa, and I to find out'

'Ariel, I swear we are looking for you and Jo, double time. And uh Ellen knows Jo is her'

'Awesome so we can be saved and murdered,'

I begin to try to figure a way out of here, but nothing comes to mind. I can't even light up my hands without risking burning myself alive. I just keep hold of my knife knowing that the iron it contains may just be able to keep me safe. Jo takes to a different approach and is kicking steadily and furiously on the wall of her wooden cell. Before she stops in exhaustion. We hear footsteps approaching and turns towards her cell.

"You're so pretty. So beautiful," I hear the voice call out.

"Go to hell," Jo calls out.

Suddenly the spirit flees, screaming.

"How do you like that? Pure iron, you creepy-ass son of a bitch," I hear her yell at the fleeing spirit.

"I bet you are happy about that knife collection now, huh Jo," I joke at her.

"Yeah, I am,"

"I know it looks bleak, but I promise you the boys are on their way,"

"I know, Ariel. Thank you,"

"No problem, Its what family does, we keep a look out for each other, and remind each other that while the moments bleak, there is a light at the end"

After several moments of silence Teresa speaks.

"Is he gone," Teresa asks.

"I don't know. I..," suddenly she is cut off and I hear banging coming from her directions.

"JO!!!, JO!!!, you let her alone you ugly SON OF A BITCH!! Pick a fight with someone who can fight back," I scream out hoping that he will leave her alone and take his attention to me.