Forgiveness

Maya's POV

     It took about a week to talk to Riley. Every time I said 'hi' or even looked at her she would walk away. I didn't know she would be so upset about everything.

     "Riley. Please. You have to talk to me. I need to talk to you. Your my bestfriend, and I understand this is weird and all, but I need you right now." Maya begged Riley to say something to her at lunch. And she finally did.

     "I understand Maya. It's just.
I-it's weird that you are actually with my uncle. I mean he's my uncle and your my bestfriend."

      Maya completely understood what Riley was saying, she would be weirded out if the same thing happened to her.

     Maya and Riley talked all through lunch and class, even getting them sent outside because of how loud they were laughing during the lectures. Maya told Riley what exactly happened in detention, but never said what happened with Lucas. She couldn't.

Joshs POV

     I was feeling quite ashamed knowing what Riley thought. I never knew this would be such a big deal. But I guess I was wrong. I soon felt my phone vibrating, and a smile crept on my face.

"Hey," I heard a soft voice that I've missed.

"Hey Maya. Any luck with Riley."

"Actually yes," I could her the excitement in her voice.

"We talked during lunch and resolved everything."

"So she's good with...everything."    Silence started to fill my ears for what felt like 100 years, but I soon heard angels when the word, "yes," was said.

     It's been a few days since I last saw Maya, and I'm seeing her tomorrow with Riley to talk things over. I've never felt more anxious in my life. Maya did tell me not to worry, but how can I not. Even thinking of facing Riley after the way she looked at me, of course I'm going to be anxious. But I just got to breathe. Another day.

A/N
———————————————
Yo. So idk if this is any good. I was just reading some stuff and was like oooo this story has been here for 2 years, uncompleted, people still frequently reading, why don't I finish it. So it might take a while still to upload and stuff but I'll probably finish this story by the end of the year. I just kind of want it to be over because ik the struggle of reading a story and it's not finished and I want to kms, but anyways.. I'll finish this story by the end of the year so yeh

🥀