25

As they are traveling to the city where Jongdae's family lives, Jongdae has been so unusually quiet that Minseok constantly looks over to him at every stoplight, asking Jongdae if there is something wrong.

Jongdae just smiles and shakes his head 'no'.

Minseok only drives silently and tries to calm himself. He's worried that Jongdae is scared, worried, angry, sad, but then he can't search the air for Jongdae's scent to find out.

He can't smell Jongdae and it frustrates him so much to know how much the spell has taken away from their relationship.

If the spell wasn't accidentally directed to Minseok, then Minseok won't have ever called Jongdae and told Jongdae things he never meant just because of anger.

He won't have ever hurt Jongdae.

He won't have ever made Jongdae feel like he's worth nothing in this world, in the union, and in the feelings of his mate.

Minseok wants to etch into Jongdae's head how he's so proud of Jongdae.

How Jongdae can endure those people that told him being an omega is something he shouldn't have done, as if it's under Jongdae's control.

Minseok wants to say those things, make Jongdae know, but it's not easy when he doesn't know which of them he should say at a time.

Which won't overwhelm Jongdae? Which won't make Jongdae think Minseok is being a liar?

It's what Minseok has failed in on the first place. Showing Jongdae how much he appreciates him.

Jongdae never felt his appreciation.

But then now that he knows about it, it's already a time that is too late for the both of them.

It's too late for Jongdae because he's already too deep in his condition that everything makes him think he's not doing anything right.

It's too late for Minseok because right now he's too scared to either shower Jongdae with comforting words or not say anything at all and using actions instead.

It's too late.

* * * * *

"Wahh.. Minseok hyung, it looks really expensive..!" Jongdae says in awe as he scans the room.

"It's because it's actually expensive," Minseok says as he chuckles at Jongdae's adorable expression, cat-like lips that curl up at the sides and while Jongdae smiles, it shows his white pearls.

"We're staying here for four days, right? Right, hyung?!" says as he lightly jumps on his feet because of excitement, looking at Minseok as he smiles brightly. "I'll get to be alone with alpha..!" Jongdae as he laughs softly and walks to Minseok, tugging on the alpha's shirt.

"Tell me you're happy, too.." Jongdae says as he slightly pouts, look of anticipation as his smile drops. "Alpha..?"

"I'm with you so I'm happy, Jongdae.. Of course, I'm happy.." Minseok says and smiles, and it makes Jongdae smile, too.

Jongdae's heart tells him to go with Minseok, get past the endeavors with Minseok, and to believe in Minseok.

Because maybe that's what Minseok means when he has said to be good to him.

Jongdae wants to be the best in Minseok's eyes.

* * * * *

"Let me teach you something," Minseok says as he jumps on the bed and sits beside Jongdae.

Jongdae puts his phone down and lifts his head up, smiling as he crosses his legs.

"This.." Minseok trails off as he shows a thumbs-up sign with his right hand. ".. we are one."