The Dinner Party

"Hey guys, here is your dinner, enjoy" Sandra said in her high-pitched voice,which sounds awkward any time she's trying to act unnecessarily civil.

"Thanks young lady" the guys replied.

"My pleasure to serve such cute guys" she said jokingly.

"If you need anything let me know" Hephzy said indifferently and she left the guys to help themselves with their food, Sandra glanced at Hephzy and she settled in the middle chair, Beulah on her right and Edward on her left.

"So,have you  guys met? I thought Hephzy will introduce you guys....."

"I am about to do that, just wanted the table to be complete" Hephzy interrupted ,she moved closer to them,with Tiwa standing next to her.
Sandra wowed and grinned.

"Nevertheless, I want to" she batted her eyelashes at Hephzy, who just smiled and shook her head.

"It's your other profession,so go ahead" Tiwa interjected.
Sandra rolled her eyes playfully and smiled.

"I will take that as a compliment".

"Really?" It was Edward.

"Yes,that reminds me, why are you here without Edwina?" Sandra said on a more serious note.

"Well she had an engagement with her friends,she can't make it" he replied.

"So you came all alone?" Sandra asked.

"What a question, asking the obvious,you should know he is here for someone."Tiwa winked at Hephzy,who just glared at her.

"Enough girls,let the young men eat their food in peace" Hephzy said at she held her hands up.

"Edward, meet Beulah my best friend, Beulah this is Edward." Hephzy introduced the young men.

"We have met,no need for the intro" the guys said in unison.

"What?!" The girls exclaimed.

"You have met? Where? When? How?" Sandra asked still bewildered.

"Too many questions" Beulah shook his head.

"We met just now,no need for the intro" Edward smiled awkwardly.

Hephzy observed the guys suspiciously,what have these men discussed about me. She thought.
Beulah caught her glancing at them,he shrugged. He could read her thoughts,she's suspicious. So he communicated to her through gestures. Hephzy smiled and looked away.

The party is over and everyone is leaving, the only people left at the venue are Sandra and her friends, Hephzy,Tiwa, Beulah and Edward.
Hephzy's mom left earlier, and Sandra's parents and her siblings had gone inside the house.
Sandra ordered one of the waiters to get them another bottle of wine.

"Thank you" Sandra said to the man who brought the drink.

"You're welcome ma" he placed it carefully on the table, he opened it and served them.

"Thanks" they all said as he served them when he was done, he left them to enjoy their drinks.

Edward is a very interesting person, he keeps discussions alive, they talked about business, which doesn't interest the ladies that much,but they contributed, they talked about sports, especially football,the guys are football fans, surprisingly Sandra seems to be a fan too. They talked about Messi, Ronaldo and the likes, about the ongoing premier league and the clubs,Tiwa and Hephzy just listened to them looking bored. Tiwa changed the topic when she asked who has watched the latest movie in the cinema.
They all participated actively, looks like Edward is the most updated when it comes to movies.
Hephzy raised the topic of music,she and Beulah lead this one.
Then the guys shifted to Politics, everyone participated well,the lawyers were more interested in the Nigeria house of assembly and the laws. Thereafter, they talked about Tiwa's wedding. While they were discussing about Tiwa's wedding, Edward signaled to Hephzy and they excused themselves.
They both walked away from the part of the compound where the party was held to another side.