New school

March 19th

Hayden's POV

Today is the first day of my school and I'm freaking out. At my old school, I was an outcast and I didn't have any friends. My dad got a job transfer so we moved from Calgary to Santa Cruz. I was very happy I was moving far away from all the jerks back at home.

I put on a floral crop top with a white cardigan and blue jeans. I braided my front part of my hair and put on some dark red lipstick. I got my black backpack and put on my grey vans then went downstairs to eat.

I live with my mom, dad and my older sister, Megan. Megan is 20 years old and she's in University. We do get along most of the time. She always gives me great advice and I help her out when she's going through a tough time.

"Morning Hayden." my mom said as she handed me my breakfast.

"Good morning." I said as I sat down beside Megan and began eating.

"Meg, can you drop me off at school today?" I asked Megan.

"Yeah sure." She said as she continued to eat.

When we both finished eating, we got our stuff and got in her car.

"Are you ready for school?" Megan asked me.

"I guess. I'm just scared that I won't be able to make friends." I responded.

"Hayden, you're a nice, fun and caring girl. You'll make some friends." She smiled.

I sighed and said, " I hope so."

We got to school and we said our goodbyes. It felt kinda weird going to a new school in the middle of the school year.

I went to the principal's office and got all my things I needed. I took me a while to find my locker but when I did, I saw a girl with pastel green hair getting her things from her locker, which was beside mine.

"Hey." The girl said to me.

"Uh hi." I replied.

"You must be new here. I'm Jenna." She said extending her hand.

"I'm Hayden." I said, shaking her hand.

"How did you know I was new?" I asked Jenna.

'I can sense your fear." Jenna said in a serious tone. "No, I'm kidding. No one has used that locker this whole year so I figured." She said smiling.

I chucked as I put my things in my locker.

"Do you happen to know which room English is in?" I asked her.

"Let me see your schedule." She said. I handed her my schedule.

"We have almost all the same classes! Cool. I'll show you around." Jenna grinned.

"Great. Thanks."

"We better get going. Class is starting soon." She said as we started walking down the hallway.

We got to the class and we took our seats at the back of the class. I was getting my things out when my pencil fell down. As I tried to reach it, another hand got it. I looked up and I saw a boy with bronw wavy hair and hazel eyes.

"Here you go." He said. He had a nice accent. He probably wasn't from here.

"Thanks." I smiled, grabbing my pencil back.

"No problem. I'm Ashton." He said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Hayden." I responded.

"We should hang out at lunch. I wanna get to know you better." Ashton suggested.

"That sounds great." I smiled.

He was gonna say somethig else but the teacher walked in.

Maybe this school won't be so bad after all.