Short Story

Alexa is eight months pregnant now and things were honestly well. We discovered that she is having a healthy baby boy and he was kicking a lot lately. I came to know a lot about her story during these months. At first she was silent about it but she slowly opened up to me. I was honestly very mad at her husband. If I ever meet him, I am not sure if I can control myself from socking him. What is more appalling is that every one of her friends knew along with her parents.

Her parents still don't know anything about her or her whereabouts and I honestly don't want to interfere. That is her personal matter and if she thinks that is the best then it is. But Jacob knows since he is her doctor and she keeps in touch with Mason too. They don't dare tell about her to anyone or maybe it could be because she guilt tripped them saying since they could keep their silence before, they could keep their silence now too.

From the news David and Brianna are happily married expecting their first baby girl. I made sure she doesn't see any newspapers and blocking all news channels and tabloid channels in the TV since I don't want her to be upset. But there is only so much I could do and she eventually found out and to my surprise she was okay with it, genuinely so.

The doorbell rang and I have to wash my hands and wipe them on a napkin before moving to the doors since I was in the middle of cooking. As a chef I have to maintain clean habits 100 percent.

"I got it!" Alexa said moving to the doors before I could stop her.

"Alexa! I need you to rest. You can't move around like that. What if you trip?" I swear one day she will give me heart attack.

"Yes, yes! I will die by walking on flat surface." And I can tell that she is rolling her eyes at me.

Her hormonal crying period stopped after second semester and she returned to her normal self now, trying to work like a horse because she believes she is indebted to me no matter how many times I tell her. Honestly she is a very good asset to my restaurant.

The work she did even in her first and second semesters made my work easier giving me a lot of free time. Now she is working like a war horse almost leaving me with nothing except cooking like the chef I am and putting together the menus.

"Hi.... Selena?"

Selena?

"Umm Edward?"

Wiping my hands on the napkin I started to the door and saw Selena with a baby in her arms. I could feel awkwardness rolling from Alexa. Selena looked from Alexa to me or more like her pregnant belly to me. I know what she is thinking but I kept face free from emotion not trying to clear anything. Because honestly this is none of her business.

"You guys talk or something...? I will give you privacy?" She hesitated shifting from foot to foot cutely making me want to laugh at her but restrained because I am sure she doesn't appreciate that.

"You could stay unless you prefer otherwise. I don't mind." I almost laughed out loud at the face she made.

"You want to come in or talk from there?" I asked casually surprising her. After knowing Alexa's story and how she dealt with it I honestly felt like mine wasn't a big problem. If she could forgive him when he did such a barbaric thing and still not repenting I don't understand why I can't do the same.

I dragged Alexa with me to the sofa because honestly I am enjoying this too much. I never saw this Alexa before, squirming in discomfort and absolutely jumpy as if someone is just about to start a fire underneath her. May be I am closet sadist!

Selena sat before us, baby in arms. I am honestly surprised that the hurt and anger I felt towards her was nowhere to be found. I thought I was helping Selena but may be in truth she is the one who is actually helping me considering before she came I became a workaholic and was towards a rapidly spinning downwards spiral.