Aklen II

Aklen glances left, then right. Bitty speaks softly into his ear; "Aklen, you have Manticores on your tail, two have their weapons read to fire. The last is about to launch metal-eating Falros at your ship. Watch out." Heavy breathing escapes his mouth, sweat populates his brow. Four of the five Bunyips are gone, his the only left. About a squadron and a half of Koala fighters are the only remaining ships. Their adversaries are only numbered by the stars, and the Manticores fight with a very powerful intensity, almost reckless. Aklen aims his cannons at the Manticores and fires at them. BOOM BOOM BOOM, and the Manticores go down. Aklen stares out into the battle in front of him, large black and green fighters with two fins on the sides and a fin on the top, a rocket booster in the middle of the triad and smaller ones on the other fins. A pinhead-like body holds the fins together, with a glass dome for the cockpit. The Bunyips are such magnificent and beautiful fighters, but they are also very deadly, with five Grade 10 P0W-3R cannons on the sides of the ship. The Manticores however, are large boxy ships, with seven rocket booster on the back, five wings on each side of the box. Those fighters require no pilots, no cockpits, and more space for firepower. Eleven FA57 machine guns line the wings, two on each wing, and one on the front. The Manticores fight with no care, suicidal ferocity and a terrible power, gunning down Koalas and Bunyips with no remorse.

BIZZP BIZZP BIZZP

"Bitty! What's happening?!" Aklen roars, as his ship starts to rattle. "Bitty!" Aklen yells into his microphone, but he gets no answer. He turns to the control panel, and sees the problem. Three Falros have landed on his ship, and are eating away the metal. Falros are disgusting little creatures that can superheat their mouths and can consume metal. They bite into it, stealing bolts and screws away from the ship. One of his wings has been eaten off by a Falros, and the other two are working on the black hull.

"Crap crap crap crap" He says quickly. What was in their training about this! He starts flicking through his mind, trying to find the training. He turns the Bunyip to Exus, the only safe place to go. He cant fight off the Falros, there is no protocol for this. The Falros are tearing away at his hull, eating up the metal like a lady at a discount shopping mall. Aklen pulls on his helmet, and readies the evacuation craft. He turns the rocket's boosters to full, and speeds towards Exus.

"Oh-five! What are you doing!?!" Koala Squadron Leader Nilde screams through the console.

"I'm heading towards Exus. Falros have latched themselves onto my ship, and are eating my wings. Once this is over, send a party to find me." Aklen turns off the transponder. How long will this go on for? Will Nilde even bother coming to find me? What of my family? Aklen had so many questions, but none are answered, as he speeds down to Exus.