Chapter 4: No Parents?

I skipped my club and told Mary to give my message. "Sorry, I'm quitting." If he doesn't want anything suspicious,  he's already screwing things up and it's only the first day.

We went back to his mansion and before I set my stuff down I asked, "Where's your parents? Won't they be concern if I stay here?"

"No. They're always at work but they don't care. They're so busy that they even forgot I'm their son. So I think you're fine." he said as he dropped his backpack and went to the kitchen.

"So no one cooks for you?" I asked. I shouldn't be concern of this basted but a part of me wants me to help him make things easier and better.

"No. I'm usually here by myself." he said as he opens the fridge.

"Then what do you eat for dinner?" I asked.

"I usually go to a fast food place but here not really much. Damn. Nothing to eat." I looked in the fridge and there was pretty much nothing. I only got a glimpse and saw eggs, milk, and a piece of fruit.

"Want to starve or eat?" he asked.

"But I thought you're rich and can afford people to cook for you and stuff like that." I said.

"I do but they're only here for big parties that my parents likes to have often. So yes or no?" he asked.

"Sure I will go." I reply.

"We have to walk. It's not that far." he said as he was walking to the door.

"What about the people that just dropped us off?" I asked.

"They're only assign to pick me up and drop me off at school. Better hurry up before I leave you." he started walking out of the door.

I ran right next to him and started walking. "Where are we walking to?" I asked.

"There's a McDonald's and a Taco Bell near here. Walk a little further there's a Panda Express, Jamba Juice and Burger King." he said.

"Which one do you want?" I asked.

"You choose. I really don't mind." he said. He's acting like he was being dragged.

"McDonald's.  " I replied. He didn't talk at all and just kept walking until we got to McDonald's.

He ordered his meal then he asked, "What do you want?"

"Huh? Oh. A number 2, just pickles and ketchup." I told the cashier.

We got our soda and sat down. "I wouldn't think you would pay for my meal." I said.

"You have no money right? I need to keep you alive until that girl comes. " he said as he was drinking his soda.

"When is that?" I asked.

" In a few weeks. Don't worry, after I convinced her that she won't be my girlfriend I will return you back home and at school we can pretend we had a huge fight and broke up."

"Have you been thinking about this for a while?" I asked.

"My parents told me a month ago so I had to think of an idea."

I thought he was just some cruel, spoiled rich brat. But really, he's still human and a bit childish. I want to see more of this side. This is why I had a crush on him in the first place.