͋ 13 ͋ A Diamond (BWWM)

ANTICIPATION

Ben placed his briefcase in the car. He was ready to run out of the building for the last three hours, but the meetings on his schedule couldn't be delayed. Several new contacts were generated as a result of the party keeping his office busy with nonstop activity.

The result of Jolie's creative ideas and hard work was financial freedom for herself and her friends.

The contracts they signed would provide them with enough income, besides their scholarships, to get them through a modest four years of college. As long as they proactively managed their money, all would be well.

Along with tons of positive feedback regarding Jolie and the other artists, the school's Art Department instantly became the darling of the community.

Multiple projects were commissioned, which generated a heightened demand for the youngsters' skills. As word spread about the Loveall Cultural Renaissance, surrounding towns and business owners began to show interest in the distinguished artisans in the neighboring city. 

In many ways, the event rejuvenated the Loveall Business District. Multiple projects had been discussed at the chamber of commerce meetings focused on revitalizing the town by duplicating the unanticipated success of the soiree on an annual basis.

Ben was amazed at how the young woman's ideas at the gathering infused energy into their city.

At only seventeen, she was a business genius.

Ben always found himself in a constant state of awe with Jolie. It had affected him to the point that he began to believe it would be impossible for him to steer clear of her. Because Jolie showed zero interest in him from the first time he made her acquaintance until that night, Ben had been tortured as he fought to repress his desire for her.

At first, there was nothing between them but if Ben was being honest with himself... he had often wished there was. The constant reminder of her age was his only real barrier which meant that Ben was finding it difficult to focus on anything unrelated to Jolie, and that was sure to become a problem.

If she were like any other typical teenager, he was sure his interest in her would be purely platonic.

She was poised. She was graceful. She was engaging. The young woman he observed was enchanting. Jolie was the exact opposite of the tomboyish girl who showed up at his door nearly two years earlier.

When she graced everyone with her presence on that faithful day, there were no baggy clothes or hair pulled back in a braided ponytail. Even though the only makeup she wore was a hint of lip gloss, she was an angel and her body brought out the devil in him.

There was no fake pretense or eager desire to take people's money. No, Jolie was simply delighted that so many people showed up and that they were interested in her and her classmates.

Most of the women he knew would have demanded that everyone's attention remain on them, but Jolie was selfless. He watched as she redirected the guest to her friends. She made introductions and left them to carve a path for themselves.

He spent the majority of the night tracking her flawless movements. How was it possible for a teenager to mingle and communicate with complete strangers as if she'd known them her whole life? That question remained in his mind because everything Jolie did that night was effortless.

If he hadn't witnessed how determined she was to help others, Ben was sure he might have been able to resist his urge to claim her completely. Yes... he toyed with the idea, but as she worked to place the needs of others before herself that tugged at his heart in a way he couldn't explain.