Chapter 1

4 YEARS LATER

----------------------------

"I have firewood." Cody said as he walked to the fire in front of Sophia.

Anderson, a really nice guy they met a few years back, put the new firewood into the blaze.

"Mr. Rodgers did you get any food?" Anderson's 6 year old brother tyler asked. Everyone else was waiting on an answer too. They were all very hungry. Cody looked back at Tyler.

"Not this time buddy." Tyler looked sad now. He slowly walked over to Anderson and sat down.

"When do you think Daryl will be back?" Lori asked. She was another member they found, along with who she was talking about. Daryl. And jake. The guy standing a distance from everyone else.

Ever since they found jake. He's been a very shady character. Always looking around as if waiting for someone or something.

Then everyone heard rustling in the leafs ten feet away. In front of the forest. Everyone cautiously got back white Cody and Anderson took out they're weapons. They slowly moved towards the bushes. Then a man popped out. It was Daryl.

"What's going on?" He asked seeing Cody and Anderson with weapons pointed at him. The two lowered their weapons and started back towards the fire.

"Caught a rabbit." Daryl said as he tossed it next to Cody. He sat down on a log then started cleaning his outfield rifle.

Cody took out a knife then started cutting into it. He removed the fur and all its organs and intestines. He then put it on a stick and held it over the fire.

"At least it's something." Sophia said.

"Can I have it all?" Tyler asked.

"No," Anderson replied. "You have to share with everyone else. Tyler looked down in sorrow.

"But I'm so hungry!" He said.

"I know," Anderson said. "We all are."

"We should go hunting tomorrow." Cody suggested, "An all day thing. Split up and maximize our search for food."

"We are low on ammunition." Daryl said.

"Conserve it." Cody said. "We can use it to hunt, get food, then trade some for more ammo to get more food."

"Reasonable Profit." Anderson said.

"Then," Cody continued. "We could get enough to trade for materials and make a sturdy new place to live"

"Sounds like a plan." Daryl said.

"We'll I'm beat." Sophia said, "I'm gonna hit the hay."

"I think we all should." Cody said. He walked away from the group towards a shelter made of leaves and sticks.

Everyone else started doing the same, except for Jake. He just stood watching the forest. Staring into a dark and mysterious forest.