Memory 18 : Never Too Late

MIRA'S POV:

"Eonnie, Sorim eonnie has been invading my room since you left. Can you please tell her to decently disappear?" The younger girl whispered her complaint from the other line.

"Yah! It was you who kept crying about how much you miss Gia and begged me to keep you company till we returned to our dorms, okay? And Gia-yah, your traitor roommate even asked me to fill in the space you left behind." The other one screamed louder in response. Obviously, she was yelling from a distance considering the echo of her high pitch.

"Okay okay... I'll believe both of you." I giggled while sipping my hot chocolate and continued listening to their never-ending bickers.

It has only been a couple of days since I left Korea but the memories were starting to feel so distant as if it was a lifetime ago. The places I went and people I'd spent time with, felt like some scattered reminiscence of a sparse dream that I might forget gradually. Everything except him.

He, whom my heart belongs to.
He, where my dreams always led to.
He, whom I can never return to.

Funny how my initial purpose of the visit ended up being the inevitable reason to leave as well. And the only benefit of the trip was my now gone acrophobia. As much as I wanted to add my recollection of lost memories to that list, the pain that followed them didn't allow me to do so. Yes, I regained all of my lost memories and now I finally know who I am, or at least who I was before the accident. However, the nightmares didn't stop at all. All they did is take the form of something new. Sometimes worse.

Nowadays, I kept dreaming of him. Every single day to be precise. Some days, I will dream of our happy times together from both past and recent times. Some days, all I could see is the sight of him breaking down and crying his soul out like a lost little child as I broke his heart all over again. These days I often found myself sinking in his songs at the middle of the night and only now, I could completely relate to his lyrics.

Love had indeed become a nightmare for me now. And it looks like I've gained myself but lost him in the process.

"JI AH, EONNIE! Are you still there?"

Jiwon stopped the stream of spilling tears from my eyes as she yelled louder than necessary from the other end.

"Yeap. I'm still here, Jiwon-ah. Gosh, girl, you didn't have to yell that loud. I'm only in the States and not Saturn." I exclaimed while wiping the tears with the back of my hand and the girl laughed a little amused.

"Ah... I miss your abnormal humour sense too... when will you come back here, eonnie?"

Her bubbly voice broke a little. I could imagine her sad face with that puppy dog eyes. It always worked on me. Luckily, we were not video chatting.

"Emm... soon, Jiwon-ah. Soon. I'll surely let you know when I come. Arasseo?" I lied. I'm never stepping back in that South Korean soil ever in my life but there's no way I could say that to the lovely girl who's still expecting my return. Maybe, one day, I could be brave and tell her that I left for good and that it is too late to return now. Just like I did to her older brother.

"Arasseo!"

She exclaimed back in high pitch. After which, I heard an obvious train of squabbling from both the girls in the background until finally, someone decided to speak to me.

"Gia-yah... did you get them?" It was Sorim. My only friend who is close enough to claim as the best of all.

"Get what, Sorim-ah?" I could still hear Jiwon whining at the background until the sound of the door being shut and locked became audible. Right away, I grasped on to my intrusive friend's inquiry.