Chapter 2

Please do not take my real life story and try to market it. This is Copyright by law. Thank you for reading and please..if this has happened to you, talk to someone about it. Don't hide away, like I did.

     Chapter 2-Ground Work

Mark was a skater, BMX, soccer, loved to exercise. He was my height and dark. Native American descent with a sculpted face. He had confidence and muscles. Every girls dream right?

   First time I met him, and remembered who he was, he was skating in my high school parking lot after school. He was with another gorgeous guy, my current husband : ), and they were making me and my girl friend drool (let's call her Lena). At first, all guys liked Lena. She is tall, skinny, and wore revealing clothing. She also had a noticeable innocence that I realized, even then, that attracted guys. So, Mark wanted her, and she wanted his friend, (Let's call him Dom). So a couple days of this after school skating, light flirting, etc. He notices her not interested, then he notices my interest in him. So, he started talking to me. I was ecstatic. Now, I'm fairly short but after 13 I was cursed with a large chest. Everything else was okay, but this drew the guys. I made sure to wear tighter shirts after that to get him to stay interested. See, I could tell right away that he was different.

  It was in the eyes. I am a nurse now, so I recognize that as insanity, or instability. Then, it was just mysterious. So, I had to go to church on Wednesdays and he offered to take me once. I was giddy. He wore his leather jacket and put his arm behind my seat. When I got out of church, I noticed his car waiting outside for me but my mom was there to pick me up. I went to wave at him, but he was already pulling away from the curb. I was disappointed. He showed up a lot to the school after that but nothing else happened.

  There used to be a teen club that I would go to sometimes because I loved to dance. I went almost every other Friday night and I met a boy, a little younger than me, one night there. I was kind of desparate in my head because everybody had boyfriends but me. So when I started dancing in this group, I noticed him watching me. I crooked my finger at him, feeling bold. He came over to me and we started making out. I learned later that night that he was a little younger and into the whole rap culture. I was okay with that, I listened to some rap/R&B. We dated for about two weeks before he cheated on me. (Remember, I make out and tease-not realizing I was teasing-but I didn't have sex). I always made sure to tell the guys that showed interest that I don't have sex too. So, he apologized, cried on the phone, told me he loved me. I took him back.

  The next week, Mark showed up at the high school parking lot again by himself. Lena and I spent a lot of time together and our parents knew it. We almost always had her brother with us too. Mark asked both of us to go to the movies with him, right now. We jumped at the chance. We saw a crappy movie but towards the middle, Lena put her head on his lap. Not to be outdone, I did the same. He played with both our hair. Once the movie was over, we went to this arcade next door. I had a pager, and my boyfriend paged me. I went to talk to him and made sure to mention this to Mark. I went to call him and I learned later that Mark was upset and asked Lena how long we were dating and if we were serious. I was so happy to learn this. I thought I would be with the older, more mature guy that I wanted. I made a plan in my head to break it off with my current guy when the time was right. See, I wasn't invested with my guy, I just didn't want to be alone.

  When I went back to the arcade Mark was quiet. We saw him once or twice at the school again, then he called me and asked to come over one night. Lena and I were together, of course, and I was so happy. He brought Dom so Lena was happy too. Dom introduced us to punk rock music. I loved it! So Lena and I took our showers together with bathing suits. So when the boys came over, we came out together and I didn't realize what that looked like either. Mom always made me keep my door to my room open when boys were over. I sat on my bed and Mark sat right next to me. Lena and Dom stood up together on the other side of the room. We all talked about punk rock and various things. Mark casually moved his hands over to drape across my crossed legs. Inside I was super happy. My wish was coming true.