(Chapter 1) A Run In At The Store

Prologue

Zuma is a 14-year-old, former freshman in high school. He's made some friends, and so on. The school year had just come to an end and he has been chilling like a villain at home.

His parents are going on a one and a half week vacation, and Zuma was staying home. This gave Zuma plenty of time to spend alone, which is he had plans for. 

"Bye Zuma, see you later. You know if you have any problems, questions, anything, that you can call us, or Rocky's parents." Zuma's dad said.

"Yep, I know Dad," Zuma says.

"Ok, well see you later." Zuma's mom said.

"Yep," Zuma said.

The three of them hugged and finished up their goodbyes.

"We love you." The parents said.

"Love you too," Zuma said.

The three then separated, Zuma's parents said bye a few more times before getting into there car. They got into there car to head off to spend a seven day vacation without  Zuma for the first time since he was born.

Zuma walked back into the house, kicked his feet up on the couch and turned on the TV to kill some time. Zuma watched about an hour or two of TV to make sure his parents were gone, and didn't forget anything, or had any other reason to come back.

Once it seemed that the coast was clear, Zuma dashed to get his belongings, fore he was making a run to the store to pick some stuff up.

A hat, backpack, sunglasses, some change, and a bike later, Zuma was heading off to the store.

Minutes later, Zuma arrived at the local supermarket. He locked up his bike and went on into the supermarket.

Unlike most times when Zuma would go into the store, he would grab a bag of chips, or a soda. But not this time.

This time was different. The young lad was going to an aisle that he looks at so much, so often, and was finally going down it.

Zuma walked down the baby aisle. He walked down it and went to the diaper section. At this point Zuma's heart was flying. The smell of diapers, baby powder. Seeing all the diapers, onesies, pacifiers, and all the other things down the aisles.

Zuma then started grabbing what he came fore.

He started with grabbing diapers, Paw Patrol ones to be exact. Thankfully for Zuma he was rather small and thin for his age. Only about four foot, one inch, fitting into the diapers wouldn't be much of a problem.

Next came the pacifiers, onesies, and baby bottles. Last but not least he went to the blanket aisle to pick up a Paw Patrol blanket. He walked down the aside scanning what blankets were there. 

He then found the one he wanted. He reached down to get it. Once he got back up, he saw a familiar face. It was Chase.

Chase was someone Zuma met in school. The two of them shared P.E, Spanish, choir, and lunch in the last school year.

"Uh... Hey Zuma." Chase says nervous.

"Hey Chase," Zuma says. "So what awe you doing here?" Was the first thing heard after a weird moment of silence?

"Um... Mom asked me to pick some stuff up for my younger...brother." Chase says.

"But you don't have a younger brother," Zuma says very confusedly.

"Oh...uh, I meant cousins," Chase says.

There was a pause before Zuma spoke.

"I think the wewe booth here for the same reason. Come to my house after once you did." Zuma says.   

Chase nods, and the two-part with each other for the time.