[ 06 ]

S I X
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

S I XTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

HYERIN'S EYES EAGERLY WAITED for the clock to strike twelve twenty

HYERIN'S EYES EAGERLY WAITED for the clock to strike twelve twenty. Lunch felt so close, yet so far. But her focused gaze was broken when a familiar round of squeals were heard. She shot her eyes in the direction of where the class was looking out. Leaning against the wall in the corridor was Eunwoo and Minhyuk. A sigh left her lips, but soon she felt startled when she caught Eunwoo's eye-smile. Hyerin furrowed her brows, immediately looking away from him. "Lunch please come quicker." She begged, putting her hands together for the next minute to go by faster.

Jinwoo tapped her shoulder, "You know by doing that it doesn't go faster. It just goes slower." Hyerin didn't turn around to respond, she stuck her middle finger up at him and said, "Fuck off." Cheeky and smug smirks crawled onto Jihoon and Woojin's faces. Small snickers erupted into the air, making Jinwoo narrow his eyes at back of her head. Soon enough, the bell has finally gone. The loud sound let her jump out of her desk and grab her milk bottle, dragging her two best friends out the corridor to avoid the crowd of girls cause by Eunwoo and Minhyuk.

Once getting their trays from the cafeteria ajumma (auntie), the trio sat down to examine today's lunch menu. "We've got french toast and a cheesy corn salad. The main entree being bibimbap, a lot of vegetables, rice, and gochujang (a spicy paste)." Woojin spoke as he observed the food. Jihoon and Hyerin exchanged impressed glances, "Not bad." The Busan boy agreed as well, about to take a bite of his toast when the seats next to Jihoon and him was yet again pulled aside.

"I agree. Today's menu is pretty good." Hyerin blankly glanced at Jinwoo and then looked away. "Oh! I almost forgot. Here you go." Woojin placed another strawberry milk bottle next to her tray. "Me too." Jihoon piped up, setting down his bottle as well. "What did I do ever deserve you? Thank you!" She did a dramatic bow to both males. Jinwoo let out a scoff, "What are you? Five?" He asked rhetorically.

Hyerin raised a brow, "No, I'm actually four and a half, for your information." Mr. Angelic Smile's face morphed into a very puzzled expression. Jihoon raised his eyes towards him, "She's a leap year baby. But I doubt you know what that is."

Sanha blinked at the girl who was sipping on her milk happily. "Here you go, noona (older sister)." He passed forward his own milk bottle he brought this morning. "I also happen to like strawberry." Hyerin stopped drinking the milk, almost choking on the air. The whole table faced the maknae with raised brows and curious gazes. "The last time I was called 'noona' was when I convinced Woojin and Jihoon that you should call girls who three months older and over 'noona'."

Myungjun raised a brow at the two males, "You fell for that?" They cleared their throats awkwardly, flickering their eyes here and there. "We were young." Woojin retorted, giving him the stink eye. "Young my ass. That was only six years ago. You were twelve." Hyerin poked her tongue out at him, only for the Busan boy to flick her head in return. "Ow..." she rubbed her forehead, Jihoon immediately wrapped his arms around her head. "God... from experience... that must've hurt." He patted her head. In between the two males' new bickering, Hyerin's phone went off.

She quickly excused herself from the table, entering the bathroom to not get caught. Teachers ate their lunch at the same time as the students, she didn't need to get her phone taken off her. In the end, the notification was from her mom.

eomma

make sure you and hyesoo come home early today.
mian (sorry) but you'll have to cut your studying today.
we have guests.
make sure to reach home by six thirty.

• • •

Hyerin looked at the light sky, arriving to the last path leading to her apartment. Another pair of footsteps joined her, "Got the same text huh?" She asked. Her sister nodded, "I wonder who coming over. We haven't had guests in forever, unless we're counting Woojin oppa and Jihoon oppa." Hyesoo mumbled, making Hyerin stop in her footsteps. "Unnie? (Older sister?)" The younger female also stopped, "What if the guests are our new rich neighbors?" She asked her little sister, who looked briefly at their house which was barely two minutes away.

"I knew we should've waited it out at Lotte Mart." Hyesoo grumbled to herself. "Well... we had to face them one day?" Hyerin said unsurely, making her little sister throw a sarcastic expression. "Thanks for the reassurance." The older sister glared playfully at her, bowing as if she was saying "You're welcome". Eventually, after trying to make the two minute walk longer, they had reached home. Just about to unlock the door, it was opened by their mother. "Go get changed in the most nicest clothes you have. The neighbors are going to come over for a nice dinner." She pushed her daughters into their bedrooms.

Hyerin let out a sigh, she'd rather be studying than having a dinner with some rich people. She opened her wardrobe, "The nicest clothes we have?" She eyed the mainly dark colored clothing, "Yeah... I'm not quite sure about that." The female ended up with the result of a black shirt and a pair of jeans. But today the odds weren't in her favor. "What the hell is this? Go put on the outfit I brought you." Her mother pointed back at her room. "But—" Hyerin was shushed by her mother and pushed back into her room.

"I swear if you come out wearing something other than that outfit, I'll be disowning you." She hissed from the outside of the door, continuing her quick clean up session in the house. Hyerin exhaled with irritation, breathing in and out slowly to calm herself. "Okay... let's calm down and not get in an argument with your mom. You won't win." She nodded to herself in the mirror, satisfied with her mini pep-talk. She wore the striped blouse and the black ankle-cut pants. "It's pretty much the same thing." She exclaimed out loud, closing the door of her room. "I couldn't care less." Her mother retorted back, acting upon the doorbell ringing.

"Uli jib-e osin geos-eul hwan-yeonghabnida. (Welcome to our home.)"

)"