[ 13 ]

T H I R T E E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T H I R T E E NTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"OPPA, NEO JEONGMAL MESOJIDA

"OPPA, NEO JEONGMAL MESOJIDA. (Older brother, you are so cool.)" Hyerin cheered, linking her hand through his arm. "Just stop attracting weird guys, jebal. (Please.) I would rather you settle down with Jihoon or Woojin. And that means a lot." She nodded in agreement with the latter. "Where are the siblings? Wait... you left them alone? In a park? What the fuck Daniel?" She hissed, walking faster to get to them. "What happen to 'oppa'? Anyways, I didn't leave them alone. I left them with an ajumma (auntie) so it's okay. Plus the ajumma kept staring at me. Boy do I love enticing older women." Hyerin hit his chest, removing her arm from the link. "If you keep acting like that, Sian will grow up no better." Daniel winced from the action, pouting at her. "Yah. At least he'll protect his sister and get a thanks. You didn't even thank me." He mumbled childishly. She looked at him and laughed softly. "Right, thanks for protecting me. What were you doing there anyways?"

"I was going to come back and get you because the kids really wanted to go to the playground. I didn't actually want to be an asshole. But then I saw you trying to avoid that blonde-haired asshole so your superman came to rescue you." A small smile crawled onto her face, "Thank you oppa. I really mean it." She returned a sincere smile. Daniel nodded in appreciation, ruffling her hair. "As long as I don't have to keep doing it. I'm the only guy in this family as of now." He wasn't wrong. Her mother had birthed two girls while her aunt only had Daniel.

And Hyerin's father was an only child. The twenty-one-year-old was the only male which indeed was pressurizing. "That's why I think you should get a boyfriend..." Daniel started a common conversation between them, "One that loves you will protect you from sketchy people. Like he doesn't have to beat him up. He should've just be able to tell them to "Fuck off." and they should go away."

Hyerin looked at him blankly, not understanding the message he was trying to send through. "Never mind. For an 'A' student, you sure have a thick skull." He told her, arriving to the playground with her. "Noona!" Sian yelled as he giggled, running towards the girl. She hoisted him up into her arms, "You took forever. I was waiting for you to push me on the swings!" He whined, pointing at the set. "Come on, then." She walked over to the swings, placing him gently on the equipment.

"Hold tight, okay?" He nodded eagerly with a wide smile, clenching his hands around the chains to support him. Hyerin walked behind him, starting to push him off. She took a glance at the two girls, who were getting chased by her cousin and screaming whilst so. She laughed quietly to herself, these were the moments she wanted to keep in her mind. A moment like this, she wished to keep forever. "Faster, noona!" Sian screamed, the light breeze turning harsher. Using all the energy in his legs to push him further.

"Algesseubnida. (Yes, sir.)" She jokingly told him.

• • •

Hyerin was walking back to her class after taking a quick visit to the convenience store

Hyerin was walking back to her class after taking a quick visit to the convenience store. She was happily munching along some jellies having the similar addiction Daniel had. That was until the bag was taken out of her hands and was stopped in the hall. "Mwo?! (What?!)" She said loudly at the person without taking a look at their face. Not that she needed to. She could already tell who it was. "You really are a child. First, getting your cousin to protect you and now jellies? What next? Hanging out with kids? Oh wait..." Jinwoo thought back to when he saw the cousins walk with the three kids. Hyerin folded her arms in irritation, she was so close to being done with his actions and slapping him in the face. "What do you want from me? I mean really." She whined with exhaustion. "I already told you..."

He sung, taking one of her jellies and plopping it into his mouth. Her mouth dropped, even her jellies has to go through him. She slowly exhaled, "And I already said no." She returned the singing voice, snatching the bag out of his hands.

"Yeah... well I'm not taking no for an answer?" Hyerin poked her tongue at the inside of her cheek, looking at his smirking expression directly. "Then let me change my answer. Maybe never?" She grinned simplistically at him. "Hmm... that's still a no." Jinwoo raised his brows, shoving his pockets in his trousers. "Okay. How about let's date on the fifth of never ever gonna happen?" She retorted, watching as his two friends joined next to him. "What are you two arguing about?" Sanha asked, standing next to the blonde-haired male with curiosity.

Hyerin sighed in pleading tone, "Can you please convince your crazy friend to stop asking me out?" The two males looked at their leader with wide eyes. "Mwo? Hyung?" Eunwoo stared at him speechless along with Sanha. The youngest member nodded at the girl, dragging his hyung towards his class. "Sorry about him, Hyerin-ah. He's been a bit on edge because he thought he had this good relationship with this noona (older sister) going on. But she took a lot of money from him and left Incheon two weeks ago. He's just trying to distract himself."

"No problem. I just hope he doesn't keep doing. Then not only Daniel oppa, but Jihoon and Woojin will kill him. And I'm not kidding." Eunwoo nodded slowly, taking his phone out of his pocket. Once he opened the device, he handed it to her. "Put your number in here. I'll text you the rest of the members tonight. If he keeps acting up just call us up. We're normally all available. We'd love an excuse to get out of some fancy dinner parties." Hyerin blinked innocently at him, entering her number into his phone. "Really? Thank you so much, Dongmin-ah. I'll head to class now." She smiled widely at him, her eye-smile molding into a crescent shape. She walked back to class 3-2 unaware to the frozen boy she had left behind.

Because that was the first flutter Cha Eunwoo's heart had felt from her.

"Mwoya? (What?) What is this feeling?"