~Ch 13 - Day Off~

The teenage girl spun swiftly on her heels upon Nagi's exclaim, her eyes wide open. An almost inexplicable look of fear flashed through her bright golden eyes. Those extremely familiar eyes. I then sized her up once more, those deep blue bangs sliding down her meek face along with her small stature, it all reminded me of someone close.

(Wait... Doesn't she look a bit like... Nagi? But how's that even possible...?)

The girl flinched in her spot and her quivering lips let out a nervous shriek,"...N-Nagi...?!"

"Umm... Do you two maybe know each other?"

But instead of giving me some sort of explanation, the flustered girl began stumbling over her words, still focused on the fuming Nagi, "Please wait, I-I can explain-"

"Save it! No amount of talking's gonna change anything! I-I... I don't even wanna see your face anymore, just get lost okay?!"

Nagi's complexion quickly turned red and he was nearly panting after shouting so furiously. I really couldn't believe he was the same carefree, sunny boy I had grown used to - I'd never seen him so angry before... But even still, it seemed like there was a slight hesitation in his harsh words. 

The target of his rage clamped her mouth shut, clearly hurt as light tears glistened in her glossy eyes. The next thing I knew was that she hurriedly turned the opposite way and took her leave, understanding she wasn't wanted. Nagi, on the other hand, was frozen stunned but be that as it may, there was a noticeable flash of vengeful hatred burning within his brilliant pupils.

"Nagi, are you feeling alright? Who was that girl?" Momoi quietly asked, placing a tender hand on his shoulder.

Nagi, however, gave no response or even any sort of reaction to Momoi's query. What he did do was simply walk in the other direction, leaving the rest of us cluelessly remaining behind.

I only watched his small profile gradually recede in the distance before disappearing into the horizon, and a twinge of worry flooded my chest.

"Who in the world was she and why did she look just like Nagi...? It seemed as if he really had it against her... He was like an entirely different person just now."

Hoping for some answers, I faced Momoi who was looking equally as agitated as I was. But she simply shook her head, not having a clue about the matter either. On the other hand, there was Tokiya who clearly had no interest in the subject and spoke impassively, "We should just leave him alone."

"Yeah, well he is still a kid... He'll most probably be okay if we give him some space to try organizing his thoughts for now."

"Yeah, maybe you guys are right... I just wish he'll come back and talk to us about it soon. I really don't want him to bear any pain by himself when he has us now..."

I shifted my focus to the area Nagi went again, feeling both perplexed and hopeful emotions combined. I wanted to help him so badly right now but I know there was nothing we could do but patiently await his return.

Nagi's POV

(...I seriously can't believe it, like the nerve?! But then it means she died too, huh...? It's literally been just a few weeks and she's already in this world? What, couldn't handle me not being around for you? Yeah right... No way the girl who committed such an unjustifiable stunt even cares 'bout me!)

"Well lucky for her cuz I d-don't either...!"

All of these chaotic thoughts kept circling in a never-ending loop in my head as I could do nothing but wander aimlessly with nowhere to go really. It was just me and my hysteric memories right now and one by one, all those forgotten scenes flashed through my mind like some prerecorded videotape.