Chapter Thirteen

Alyssa's POV

I sat on the chair once I was out of the sliding door.

"Finally, I'm home!" I sighed closing my eyes to feel the cool breeze of the summer air.

8 months of staying in a dorm at the University made me miss how good it was to live in a house.

Nagmuni-muni muna ako saglit. I was admiring everything that the nature has to offer.

Tumingin ako sa laptop ko na nasa table. Even tho nasa bakasyon ako, kailangan ko pa ding tapusin yung research na pinapagawa sa school.

Buhay studyante. Hays.

"Hi, mommy!"

"Dennise, oh my gosh! I missed you, baby!"

"Mom, I can't breathe."

Napalingon ako sa likuran and saw auntie Michelle hugging Dennise. Nakangiti siyang tumalon kay uncle Andrei when she auntie Michelle released from their hugs.

"Hello, munchkin!"

"I missed you both!" Dennise squealed and hindi ko napigilang mapangiti when I stared on her lips. "I have someone to introduce tho!"

Hmm.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs. Davis."

I leaned closer at the glass door as I tried to look at the guy.

"I am Louis."

"My boyfriend!" Dennise said with a shy smile. "We have been dating for 6 months."

"It's finally great to meet you, Louis!" Auntie Michelle said awkwardly. "I didn't know Dennise is going to bring you here today! She didn't mention anything about..."

"Oh, she didn't tell you because me being here is unexpected."

"Yes, mommy! Babalik din siya sa dorm."

"Why don't you stay?" Uncle Andrei smiled sincerely. "We will have a family dinner tonight! And we would love to have you."

"No, thank Mr. And Mrs. Davis! I just drove Dennise here because I don't want her to take the cab."

"Babe, I said you don't have to."

Louis smiled sweetly. "You know I can't let you go somewhere without me, right?"

"Thank you." Said Dennise and I frowned when she licked her lips.

"I have to go. Thanks for having me, Mr. And Mrs. Davis! It's a pleasure to meet you both!"

I watched how Dennise walked him to the door. He stopped and kissed her lips.

Bumalik ako sa laptop ko at saka nag-type.

"You should have told me na sasama siya sayo! Para nakapag handa man lang ako ng food to offer him!"

"Haha. Mom, it's okay. In fact, Louis is already late sa training niya. Kaya hindi na talaga siya nag stay."

"Training on what?"

"Oh, Louis is in the Toronto Police Department."

I stopped from typing. I need to hear more.

"That's why he has a firm grip!"

"A tough course, isn't it?"

"It is. I guess Dennise found her protector now."

I heard a soft laughter from Dennise. Napa-whistle ako at saka mabilis na sinara ang laptop ko.

Uncle Andrei saw me when I slipped through the sliding door.