It's The Red

Kyle got into his car and started driving home from his job when he felt something was off. He checked his gas, and anything else that could be wrong with his car, but found nothing. He checked his mirrors to see if anyone was following him.

There were a few cars behind him. Just in case one of them was following him he took a turn. None of them followed.

After about 10 minutes of driving Kyle pulled into his driveway. He stepped out of his car and looked around one last time making sure that no one was there and nothing was off. He still saw nothing.

He walked inside and turned on the dim lights in his small house. Kyle grabbed his food and put it into the microwave and began to heat it up. He looked through the window, still feeling something wasn't right.

All he saw was his own reflection not being able to see the into the darkness of outside because of the glare of his lights. He brushed himself off as being paranoid.

Beep! Beep! Beep! The microwave went off. He opened it, took out his food, and sat down on his creaky chair and ate it silently.

Once he was done he entered the bathroom to take a shower. He stripped his clothes off and stepped into the shower. He turned it on and immediately stumbled out and turned it off again. The water was pitch black.

He turned it on and off again to make sure he wasn't seeing things. The water was still black. He took a deep breath and decided that he would just try it tommorow and that it was just a prank and one of his friends messed with the water.

He redressed and went to bed.

An ear piercing scream ripped through the town. I watched as a young girl, who looked to be about 13 or 14 sprinted past me.

"IT'S THE RED!" She screamed. "EVERONE RUN ITS FLOODING THE TOWN!" A rumbling can be heard from the distance.

A few other people began running after her screaming and yelling in terror. I could not move.

I looked up at the sky and saw the grey, almost black clouds flooding the sky which was a light red color.

The red liquid flooded through the town, enveloping people who could not escape, their screams filling the air.

The red liquid poured towards me but I still couldn't move. The liquid moved towards me, roaring and covering people as it got closer.

The liquid slammed into me sending me flying to the ground. It filled my nose, my mouth, my ears, any thing it could get into was filled with the copper tasting liquid.

I realized that it was blood that was flooding the town. I choked on it and forced it out of my mouth but more just kept flodding in. I coughed and tried to take in a breath, my lungs being for air.

Kyle jolted awake, coughing. The girl that screamed about the red was standing over him stating at him. Blood poured out of his mouth, causing him to bend over and cough more. He took in a breath, and stared the girl in the face.

She smiled at him, at the corners of her mouth blood leaking out, then she collapsed onto the floor. Kyle lurched forward to check to see if the strange girl was okay. He looked over the side of the bed to see no one there.

He coughed up more blood, beginning to feel his airways being cut off. The blood gurgled in his throat as he tried to breath. Kyle panicked and ran out of his bed into the street, trying to find help.

A few years streamed down his face from how hard he was coughing. He moved to wipe them away and when he glanced back at his hand it had his blood smeared on it.

All he could feel was dizziness, as the loss of oxegyn was starring to get to him. He tried to tell but all that he could get out was a strained gurgle.

He collapsed into the middle of the road. Right before he passed out the girl was back, blood still dripping down her mouth. She crouched down, and leaned into his ear.

"The red doesn't exist." She whispered. Kyle took in a deep breath, coughing from the lack of oxegyn. All the blood was gone.He later in the middle of the road, gasping for breath.

Once he composed himself Kyle stumbled back into his house and collapsed onto his couch, falling unconscious.

🐉