delusional pt.2

the basement door opened with a subtle but fairly blatant creak. i jumped up, my senses seemed to heighten as every hair on the back of my neck weakly stood up. the dull brown door had been clearly visible from where i stood, my hand rested lightly on the murky oddly patterned couch, it came with the house. i never realized how strange it looked. a somber light emitted from the basement, a shadow could just faintly be seen upon the wall. i couldn't see the shadow clearly as it crept up the basement stairs. i held my breath, feeling weak. i started to run up the stairs although the low groans of the stairs softly echoed like a lullaby. i felt myself become dizzy as i held the knife. i saw a shadow crawl up to the ceiling, too afraid to look up. something in me seemed to trigger, like the gun that sat in a box my mother thought she kept so well hid in that locked box under her bed. 

    i was back downstairs suddenly. the shadow came closer. this pale, lanky figure came stalking in, long, thin strands of hair emitted from its scalp. other than the seldom hair on the creatures head, the thing had no hair, so thin you could see its bones. it was.. inhumane.  the arms seemed to be quite lengthy, longer than the usual maximum size of an arm. its beady black eyes followed me as i tried to escape its cold stare, i was paralyzed. it shifted, starting to look like my father who disappeared years ago. i finally had my family, and you will too. just take a look at your mother, your father, your sister, your brother, it's them right? or are you delusional?

[sorry that this is so late i was really stressed with school and was just having trouble getting through it. i really wish i could have made this earlier but now that its officially summer we will be posting more, thank you for reading, please vote and follow us, every follow, vote, and read counts!] 💫