Chapter 4

I take in a deep breath before I stop on the first step. As slowly as I can, I turn around and face Nick, or as I should say, Professor Valentine. His expression on his face showed sincerity and uneasiness. I lean my hip on the side of the iron black railing and folded my arms across my chest. 

"Yes, Professor?" I said with a forward tone.

Nick obviously was taken back from my response.

"Can we talk?" he asks.

"I'd rather not." 

I start to turn around but before I could, he grabs my arm and spins me back around.

"I need to talk to you right now," he says but this time was no longer sincere. It was demanding.

"There's nothing to talk about." I snatch my arm away and stare him down. "I'm your student now," I whisper, "so act like it."

I finally turned away from him and felt anger boil in the veins. I grab ahold of my straps on my book bag and walk off. I don't even dare to look back and look at his expression. I don't know where the anger came from but all I know at this point that I want nothing to do with him. Not only do I feel embarrassed but I feel grimy. That was a man that had his hands on my body and lips on my neck which turned out to be my english professor. What happened at the wedding was a mistake and I've known that for a while now.

"Who the hell hooks up with a stranger at their brother's wedding?" I whisper to myself soon before I notice I spoke a little louder than I thought and now getting a few looks.

I ignore the judgmental stares and shake off what just happened with Professor Valentine, marching off to the coffee shop to meet Katherine. I start to calm down and make my way on cobblestone sidewalks. As I walk down the sidewalks I watch my feet motion together and kick rocks that come across my way. Everything seemed as if it was peaceful again without a thought of Nick in my head, that was until my phone rang. It was Lilian.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Are you kidding me?" she screamed through the phone.

"Sadly, no."

"Are you sure it was him?"

"Totally positive. I just talked to him actually," I say knowing she was about to flip.

"What?!" She screamed again.

"Calm down, Lil, seriously it's not that big of a deal," I assure her in denial.

"Yes, it is, idiot! This is the sexy stranger you fucking hooked up with at the wedding!" 

"Hey," I interrupt, "we did not hook up. We, uh, actually I don't know what you would call it."

"Face it, you hooked up."

"I know," I sigh.

"This is insane. What are you going to do?"

"Nothing, Lilian. There's nothing I can do but to act like it never happened."

"I mean, yeah, that's an idea but you could..." she trails off.

"Don't even think about saying it."

"Oh, come on! It would be such a hot scandal."

Before I know it, I see the coffee shop that I'm supposed to meet Katherine at.

"Okay, I have to go but before I do, don't tell anyone," I tell her.

"Why would I tell anyone? I'm offended you even said that."

"Sorry, I'm just a little uneasy right now." I apologize.

"It's okay, facetime me tonight and show me your room," Lilian says before we say our goodbyes.