.4

Matt's pov

"Hi I'm Lilac. I'm looking for my brother James. Could you help me?" She asked me with her hand out to shake.

I slowly reached out and shook her hand. Oh god it's soft. Warmth spread throughout me. I never wanted to let go. I mustered up all of my courage and in the squeakiest voice I said...

"Mmm-mmatthew. Ahh mmath Matthew. But call me Matt. Oh and yes I'll t-t-take you to James. Follow me."

Good going Matt! You've made a fool in front of our mate. Now what will she think of us?? Bryan hissed at me, obviously embarrassed by my stuttering.

I lowered my head in shame. I could feel myself blushing and to make things worse, I still hadn't let go of her soft hand.

Just when I thought I would die of embarrassment, I heard her start to giggle. That's when I became undone. Her giggle was like nothing I've ever heard before. It was soft and sweet like a slight sea breeze on a spring morning.

I knew then that if I could hear that sound everyday, I'd be the happiest man alive.

I started to lead her to James' room before I could embarrass myself any further and possibly ruin any chance between us.

"Here it is ma'am. I hope to see you around," I told her as we stood in front of the beta's chamber.

We will not just 'see her around'! We will see her every morning when she wakes in our arms. We will see her every night as her eyes shut for the night. We will see her everyday!
Bryan ranted.

I know, I know Bryan, but it may take time, she is human and is not used to our kind. We must show her our love to win her.

"Thank you Matt, I'll see you later then" she smiled at me. Right as I was about to tell her goodnight she surprised me by leaning over and kissing my cheek.

I was so enthralled by it, I didn't notice her walk through the doors to the beta's chamber and leave me alone to work out what had happened.

My mate had kissed me.

Sure it was only on the cheek but this was a very important moment for me. For us. It was the first kiss my mate had ever given me.