Through

It never ended. My days were full of school paper works, stress, and drama. I barely have any time for a minute's rest, and everyday it just keeps getting better and better at worse.

"Why can't you clean up!? Look! It's a mess! What would people think of a young woman who doesn't give definition of her room!?"

I look up from my Mom; she wore her usual anger again. She was right, it was all a mess. My books in the shelves aren't in order and were all lying down, some books were in the floor as if they've been just thrown off after a session of frustration. My bin is full of crumpled papers in which I remember those papers were written by shaking hands, it didn't look neat so I had to throw them out.

My Mom crunched up her nose as she sees my bin overflowing with crumpled papers, my books in the floor and the bookshelves, my bag's stuff remained open and had its items scattered along with the books and crumpled papers, my calendar in which it had a lot of circles and scribbles in it, my handmade bulletin board had too much sticky notes in it that some had even fall down, I even left my marker open.

It was an eyesore.

"Olivia, if I don't see your room clean when I get back, I will cut off the router. You kids these days think they expect their parents to clean up all of their trash. I'm starting to think that you are just like your father, sluggish. People who are indolent shouldn't be feeding. Mark my word, Olivia."

Mom slammed the door shut and I could feel the treble in my desk. I sighed and looked at my room.

It was a mess.

Not only the room.

But your child as well.

I stood up from my seat, leaving my busy desk just to go through a mirror. It felt as though the messes in the floor were tiny reminiscences of a war, but that was too dramatic to think of. Once I get to the mirror, I slowly looked down at my image first. Up and up, and up, and up as I finally saw my face.

I...

I look like change. Change for a promising career and scented candles in my room. Change for a good circle of friends and great cities and countries to travel. Change for a good cuisine and a healthy lifestyle. Change for having a good face and image to the family's history and branches...

Change for a whole different person.

It took me a while to realize that I had been spacing out and suddenly that one second, it clicked and I was just staring at myself for I don't know how many minutes have passed. I blinked and shifted my eyes to my alarm clock. I panicked as I see my busy desk waiting to be finished and I realized that in just a few minutes of staring into my mirror, I could have probably did all the work half way now.

I took me a lot of hours and I wasn't even in the closest bit of the finish line. I decided to skip dinner for the day just to finish these paper works. I had printed a lot of things, and my printer had surely done a great job for me.

When I was 16, my family asked what I wanted because they were sick of hearing me whine. Their tone of asking is engulfed with irritation and I decided to just save my own money and buy myself a gift. A printer.

For the next four hours, I had done it. I was so tired and dirty. The sides of my hands were smudged with either the charcoal of the pencil or the ink of my pen. I looked at my alarm clock and it was passed midnight. 4:06am to be exact. I have been working this for nearly a whole day. I shrugged and started organizing my desk. I picked out the crumpled papers and threw them off in a plastic. I arranged the books of my shelves.