chapter 21

The older skylark and I were the first to attack the Millefiore's soldiers when they finally arrived at the Vongola's secret base

The older skylark and I were the first to attack the Millefiore's soldiers when they finally arrived at the Vongola's secret base. He simply lured them to the secret base's old storage room, which was two kilometres away from the secret base. The soldiers were angered and it was up to them to defeat both of us and this gave more chance for Tsuna and others to break into the Millefiore's secret base in Japan without interruption.

The soldiers were no match against him and they were easily defeated. Some were trying to fight against me for they thought I was much weaker than the older Hibari. They were right about it but I was fully trained and prepared. I managed to defeat some of them and that was when I met that same man who tried to strangle me to death when I first arrived in this future world.

He was stronger than other soldiers but he had an unsteady move. I could see that he could not even walk properly while fighting. The only advantage was he could use his box weapon to attack without him moving around. A grin was formed on his face and it seemed that he had another chance to kill me again.

He instructed his box weapon to directly attack me and I would not stand there waiting to be killed. I started to run at him while using my steel staff to hit his box weapon repeatedly.

"N-No way! No one could ever take down my precious box weapon! How could you do that??"

"Is that so? As if I care about it."

I swing my steel staff and harshly hit at his legs, causing him to fall on the ground. Before he could stand up, I whacked his large chest with my staff and he soon passed out. The other soldiers were in shock to see that their senior was finally defeated.

We were quick to take down all of them and we were going to break into the Millefiore's secret base, disguising as the soldiers. At first, I disagree with the older Hibari when he said that we would bring along Chrome, Lambo and I-Pin because it was way too dangerous for the three of them. I knew that they were the chosen Vongola guardians but I was worried about their safety.

Chrome heard about it and she weakly smiled, deciding to follow us as she wanted to do her part as the Vongola guardian. She wanted to repay the older skylark for teaching her to create illusionary organs on her own. Lambo and I-Pin were excited that they did not want to stay in the secret base.

"Okay, fine. Just listen to Kusakabe-san and please behave yourselves when we are at there, okay?"

"Lambo-san will be a gooood boy!" he said proudly. "Lambo-san shall explode the bad people at there!"

Senior Kusakabe would take care of the children and he set off to another direction of the Millefiore's base with Chrome. I was hoping that they would be safe and I followed the older Hibari to the other way of the base.

There was an awkward moment for both of us. Most of the time, I only talked to him about the missions and the Vongola stuff but I never asked about his life and my older self.