Chapter 4

Autumn's P.O.V

We have been in the air for over 10 hours. I look over to my right and see my three sleeping beauties. Shay's head is hanging down slightly give the image that he neck was snapped. Alex's mouth is gapped slightly and her eyelashes are relaxed against her cheeks. Grace's forehead is slightly scrunched as if something is troubling her. I reach over a squeeze her shoulder lightly, and watch as her face relaxes. I'm exhausted but my mind isn't allowing my body to rest. I just can't stop thinking about the book. The Book.

I reached down to my bag and pulled it out. I began to examine the worn black cover. The pages were slightly parted from being flipped through for countless number of times. The binding began to weaken due to the pressure that held it down from when it was used. Other clippings stuck out around the edges. I could tell that there was a lot of information in here. I let out of breath and opened the book. I leaned over to my bag and brought my glasses out. I then turned my attention back to it.

My moms words played in my head so I believed my uncle began it first. My eyes began to scan the page. I seen the date of the first entry and it was years before my time.

June 12th 1976,

James Payne had just informed me of my whereabouts. He has told me that I have crossed over into land that he and his past relatives have owned. His land stretches for miles, and contains others as well. Upon this night I have settled into the main house and was watching the moon from my window when a young woman ran onto the land cradling her arm. She looked to be injured but she kept pushing. I ran down to her aid when 10 massive wolves stalked out of the woods snapping and growling in her direction. I stood in front of the young woman ready to defend her with my life. Just as the gray wolf crouched in an offensive stance, James came and stood by me. I could feel the power radiating off of him. He couldn't be what I thought. Ten of the men that lived on his land also stood behind us snarling and growling at the wolves. James began to command the wolves to shift and the gray wolf shifted into a male that stood about 6'3". He had gray eyes and blond hair.