Chapter 5 The Adventure Continues

Summer Cheng  goes on the date.  Everything goes better than she ever thought possible.  She is glad.  She is still not sure what to do about the gray dress just yet.  She figures maybe she could donate it, or try to return it to see if she gets her money back.  In the meantime, she enjoys the delicious dinner. After the meal, she and her date, her husband go out to the movies. They see this funny movie they both enjoy.  They are glad that her parents agreed to watch their son for them, so they can enjoy some alone time.  When the movie finishes they head on home.  The rest of the night goes well.

    Meanwhile, in Paris,France Hawkmoth is not to happy.  No, she was one of my best villians ever. How did she manage to be defeated so easily?  How is that Ladybug, Chat Noir, Queen Bee, Rena Rogue and Carapace manage to be one step ahead of me?  He begins to think, I will have to figure out something soon, so I can get the miraculous.  Without the miraculous I can not make my greatest wish!  Without the wish, how do I get my wife, Emilie back so we can be a family again at last?  

    All the heros are destransformed and back in their individual homes by now.  All of them are unaware as to the reason Hawkmoth is so disparate for the miraculous. They do know whatever it must be important to him.  Why else would he go through all that trouble?  They  just figure they must continue to do all they can to keep Paris safe and to protect the miraculous.

     Back in the United States, Summer Cheng, struggles to sleep. She can not help, but think about her akumantization from earlier.  She believes the entire thing only happened due to her being upset about some silly order gone wrong. She laughs about the silliness of it all. Finally, she falls asleep.  The next day, when she wakes up she hears the television. She remembers it is the weekend. Her husband is watching is favorite show, Stargate at this moment. She puts the dress inside a box, along with the receipt. She asks to see if their some way she may return the purchase. The company assures her she may and offers to pay the shipping charges. She seals the box, asks to take it to the post office, so her husband takes her. Once there, she ask  for a special address label. She attaches it to the box along with the proper postage. She smiles as she leaves the post office.  She and her husband heads back home. 

    Two days later, she gets a response back from the company. The note says, "Due to the unforseen discontinuation of the item you ordered we are sorry, but can not complete your order as expected.  We can however, send you your money back or return the dress you sent to us."  -Sincere apologizes 

   Summer is not sure what to think. First, she feels disappointed  to find out she will not ever get the item she purchased. Then, she is not sure if she will actually get her money back or not. She decides to wait and see what happens next. Turns out she will not have to wait long. One week later, she receives an envelope in the mail with the money they owe her inside it. She is happy until she notices they gave her less than what she paid for it back.  

    "Good grief, what will I do now?"  She says.

    "How could they cheat me like this?"  Summer says.

   Summer is a mess. She is not sure what to do or think.

    Hawkmoth from a long distance away senses her frustration, sadness and uncertainty. He sends out another akuma.  He decides I suppose it could not  hurt to give her another chance.  Maybe this time she will not fail me as she did the last time.  

    Unlike last time, Summer does not see the akuma. Not even for a moment. She just feels a strange object touch her face. She does not seem to care. She just sits there with no reaction at all.