Prologue

Secretly Engaged

Created By: V.I.N.T.A.G.E Days

Prologue

****

"You deserve love and you'll get it."--Amy Poehler

****

I hate it when my dad screams at me at the top of his lungs, making me feel like a complete idiot. Especially when I'm with my friends and most importantly, when I'm out with boys and he just keeps on texting me and sticking his nose into my business.

These are his TOP FIVE most used statements that I hate :

1. GET OUT of my shed, or else...!

2. You're trampling on my newspaper you clutz!...

3. How I wished you weren't born!

4. I'll put you up for adoption if you don't listen to what me and mama have got to say!

5. Your boyfriend sucks!

But out of all these, the one that pisses me off most of the time has gotta be statement #5. And as far as I knew dad's personality, he's almost never been satisfied with any of my ex-boyfriends. He either says that they are too ill-mannered or have too hairy arms and legs.

Which leaves me wondering why dad himself has his arms and legs full of hair. He was a man of steel ( that was what I'd always called him since I was very young). He could lift very heavy things and earned his black belt in karate a few years ago. My younger brother, Harry wasn't even born then.

Dad had been sticking his nose in every single event of my life ever since I attempted a runaway from home at the age of 16. That, apparently was just last year. I'd left home after a terrible fight at home and that left the entire family in search of me.

My childhood was a wreck. And day by day as I grew older, the fact that I didn't have a mother bothered me more and more. I would be dejected when I think of my dead mother. A terrible car crash two years ago had took her permantly away from me and my 20-year-old brother, Hans. And most of all, leaving dad sad and gloomy.

I'm graduating this year and dad can hardly sit and wait for the prosperous day to come. Me neither. And I can feel deep inside me that mom shared the same thought too.