Chapter 1- The Side View; Part I

Secretly Engaged
Created By: V.i.n.t.a.g.e Days
Chapter 1 - The Side View; Part I
****
"Love is difficult. Life is more difficult."--UNKNOWN

****

Dad had gone out in his van to get some gardening acessories at the store. In fact, sometimes he's just interested in things that women are supposed to be interested in. For instance, he's drawn towards gardening, cooking, baking and shopping. Dad's sister, which I call Aunt Jenny, told me an embarrassing fact about dad when he was young. A very embarrassing fact that I still remembered till now.

Aunt Jenny told me that dad loved Barbie dolls and designing dresses when he was a teenager like me. But ever since he met my mom, his masculinity started to evolve and he became interested in Transformers and a lot of boy stuff.

I snickered at the thought. My pet beagle, which I called Cheeseball, laid snuggly in my lap. It's white legs, chest, and belly full of lustrous fur. I let out a contented giggle as he licked my bare thighs, giving me a ticklish feeling.

I stood up at the side of the bed and decided to steal some snacks from the pantry.

Rather abruptly, a loud bang rang my ears and I jumped in respond.

Unsure of the situation, I noticed something from my room window. Two cars had collided violently and there were shards of broken glass on the ground. A large male came out of his vehicle unhurt and examined his car. He approached the other vehicle in a steady manner and signalled the driver to lower her car window. 

The driver was a young-looking woman. Apparently around her late teens or early twenties. She was trembling with agitation and her face showed nothing but shock. I was shaking too as I witnessed the scene from my window. Chills rushed down my spine as I started wringing with sweat. The young woman was bruised on her forehead and was shaking really badly.

I reached for the curtains and drew them together. I didn't want to see anymore of it. I couldn't. I could see Mom. I could see her pale face as she lied helplessly on the hospital bed. My mind was spinning. Faster and faster.

Mom was moaning in pain. I could hear her calling my name as if it was real. She was suffering. Physically and mentally. I flung myself onto my bed and cuddled tightly on my pillow.

It was then that I realised that I missed her. I needed her. I needed my mom.