Chapter 2- The Breakthrough

A few days have passed since I first met Mr. Park, he still hasn't spoken to me but I see him from time to time watching me from afar, he has this strange habit of rubbing his lip when he's in a daze, it's quite..intimidating. However, I decided to just continue my day as normal, I went to the kitchen to grab the food prepared for the day and placed it on the table for him to eat, of course he wouldn't eat it, he never did. I tried my best to ignore it and I began to replace the sunflowers and fetch some clean new water from the sink to pour in the vase, as I ruffled the petals, situating the portrayal of the bouquet, I hear a voice from behind me, "They smell good, I like them."

I'm kind of in shock, I expected his voice to be higher pitched due to his light features but to my surprise, it was very masculine and overbearing, I couldn't believe he'd actually spoken to me, and that he had admired my flowers, got close enough to even smell their warmth and light, I smiled to myself, I couldn't help it. I decided to respond light heartedly, and just be my authentic self "I'm glad you like them! Are they a favourite of yours?" I turn around to face him with a bright smile spread across my face, he was sitting on his bed holding the same book as every other day that was yellowing with antiquity, "I'm guessing they're a favourite of yours, but I guess so. They're alright." He shrugs at me and falls silent again, returning to reading his novel.

I couldn't just go back to being quiet again so I sat down on the unused visitors chair beside his bed and said "Please talk to me. I'll tell you anything you wanna know. I'm an open book! Ha get it? your u-um your book.. I'll shut up now okay?" I stand up to leave, "Wait. I'll talk. Sit." I sit back down and we start a conversation, I had to do most of the talking which I was used to by this stage in my life, we ended up having a debate over whether dogs or cats were better, of course I said dogs because who dosen't love dogs? But he was adamant about the cats, especially calico cats, he loved them, so much so he kinda made me love them too.

I soon realised we'd been talking for over two hours about absolute nonsense and I saw his dinner tray still sitting in the same spot it was before, then i get the courage to say " please eat your meal Mr.Park, it's really important. I'm not gonna stop annoying you until you do." "What if I don't want you to?" He questions innocently and I tilt my head in confusion, he wanted me to annoy him? I'd never heard that one before.

I lifted myself off the chair and brought the tray in front of him, I grabbed some food and placed it on the fork holding it in front of his mouth, "Well then if you don't start eating I'll vow to go to the head doctors office right now and request a new patient to care for effective immediately. So what's it gonna be Mr. Park?" "Jimin" he replys firmly, then he opens his mouth and eats the contents of the fork, not once breaking eye contact with me, "My name is Jimin".