[Entry 10] Uptight Entourage of Butt Kissers

BLOG ENTRY TEN:  (Despite how random these rants may seem, I promise to you that there is somewhat of a point to all of this.)  

Today, we had a pep rally to gain excitement and participation for the ever disappointing Homecoming.  Every year it’s the same:  all members of the Extremely Mean and Ironically Hot Group join the committee, then scare away everyone else who wants to help in the making of the float and dance decor.  That’s just my class, though; the other grades all have their own variations of the same group (e.g. the Sarcastic Squad of Highly Intelligent Hot Guys, the Pretentious Athletes Who Play Sports Religiously, and so on and so forth.)  

But this time, the principal stood before us with his own group (Uptight Entourage of Butt Kissers, as I prefer to call them) flanking him both left and right, him being the peak of the pyramid.  He explained to us in his loudest voice that there is to be no tampering with the registration of the Homecoming Committee for each grade level.  This caused an uproar from the preps and murmurs among the rest of us.  

If I’m being honest, which I am, I’d say I was pretty excited about Homecoming this year.  The theme was decent (Mardi Gras) and to join the committee would indirectly, maybe even directly, annoy the Extremely Mean and Ironically Hot Group.  Which would be a plus.  

*Update*  I’ve joined my class’ Homecoming Committee.

***

p.s. I'd like to point out that none of Ophelia's opinions and values and actions are related to me.  Everything is made up, although they may be based off people from my life.  I don't want anyone to be upset over any of the topics explained in this book, and I'm sorry to have made this into a full on rant, I just wanted to everything to be clear to y'all.  Have a great day, you deserve it. (: