Spinning

Ben woke up early, taking a nice hot shower, he could still smell Carol's perfume on his body. He thought of her as the water rushed through his body, about that kiss and how he wanted to be with her again. There's no way he could take that kiss out of his head.

Ben got to work, not paying much attention to anyone or anything. He was in a completely different universe, only thinking about how he would ask her out and how to not seem so desperate to see her again.

On the other side of the city, Carol was making some breakfast, with her body sore from last night. She almost burned her eggs, being so distracted thinking if he was going to call her or not, hating the waiting and also being insecure.

"Girl are you there?" Maé knocked on the kitchen table.

"Hm, yeah" Carol said, watching Maé eat some of her bacon.

"Oooooh " Maé said giving a sassy smile " Did you and Ben hook up?".

"We hanged out and...''

"Hooked up, you dirty girl!" she laughed "so how was it?"

"It was..." Carol gave a soft smile "magical...I can't explain, it gave me chills all over my body"

"Awn that's so cute" she squeezed Carol's cheek.

"I saw you were laughing a lot with Ben's friend, I completely forgot his name"

"Joe! Yeah we hooked up too, he's funny as fuck"

"I'm glad you're happy, Maé"

"It just worries me a bit because we work together" she stole another bacon "damn you know how to cook"

"Thank you " Carol drank some juice " Where's Josie?"

"She went on a date with Gwil"

"oooh, she's more of a romantic isn't she"

"Yeah"

Maé and Carol talked a bit more, getting stopped by the sound of a message on the phone. Carol looked fast, hoping it was the blondie and thank god it was. Carol opened a big smile without even noticing. Maé just laughed and said "don't forget to use condoms".

Ben

I would love some peperoni

Are you free any time soon?

Ben was nervous, he knew she saw the message, but yet, no reply. He started getting anxious, shaking his leg and feet, tapping on the floor. He passed his hand trough his beautiful blonde hair, trying to calm down a bit. With no answer, the phone was back in his pocket and the focus was back on trying to memorize his lines.

"What are you so anxious about?" Rami said, sitting right next to him " Is it about the script? Or learning the drums?"

"Why do you think I'm anxious? I'm not anxious, I'm just fine " he tried to justify himself, but was bad at hiding.

"You can't stop your feet " Rami laughed " but seriously darling, what's wrong?"

"It's about that girl isn't it? " Joe appeared out of nowhere, getting up from the couch right behind them " I saw you too being all cute and stuff"

"It's not about the girl, I don't get anxious about this sort of thing"

"Your legs tell a completely different narrative from yours"

"Fine it's her, she's just taking a while to answer and"

"Calm down she will, look at you, such a pretty boy " Joe got up and clenched his cheek.

As fate worked his way into making Joe look magical, Carol finally answered, making Ben feel all his body freeze.

Carol

sorry, gotta work, someone here needs to pay the bills

I'm free tomorrow though

Ben couldn't wait for the weekend, he couldn't stop thinking about her and was afraid she would never leave his mind, maybe seeing her would solve all his problems and he could finally focus on something beside her lips.

The answer never came, making Carol believe he lost interest, that damn anxiety would never let her believe it wasn't her fault. She decided to focus on trying to get a new job on the area she loves, that is filmmaking and after a long day of hearing "no" and "we'll get back to you" when you know they never will, responsibilities called and off to work she went, feeling miserable. She cleaned some dishes, she cleaned the place before it opened, feeling like freaking Cinderella, but with non of the glamour, only the been a slave part. The doors were open and the costumers started to get inside, soon the place was very crowded. The whole situation was unusual, there was always empty table, but not that night, and then Carol saw there was a promotion of pay one get two pizzas, that was the only explanation for that.

Carol put her headphone on, selecting no song, just pushing random and hoping it would play the right song and well, Aerosmith started playing, Back in the Saddle, that was good enough. She was nice to all the costumers, noted their orders, put some ice in some cups, everything right. Hours passed and she didn't really noticed, she was on full automatic mode from the moment she stepped at work. Exhausted, her shift ended and she went to change her clothes, before closing the place (she always did that on Saturdays). She took a deep breath, looked to the celling and closed her eyes. "Im going to enjoy at least the rest of this day, no more shitty things or excuses, just enjoy, Carol". She opened her eyes, determined to feel some joy, so she did the only thing it was guaranteed to make her happy.

There was a sound system on the restaurant, that she plugged in on her phone, selecting Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon to play. At fist she started dancing slowly, with not much will to do anything, but then, the song started building up, which made her entire body heat. There was nothing in the world she loved more then music. She didn't even realize when she took her shoes off, letting her white loose dress fly all around the place, making her feel like Marilyn Monroe. A laugh escaped her lips, sincere, relaxed, happy. She was spinning all over the place, getting stopped only by a body twice her size, holding her from falling down after stepping into him.

"Careful, darling " a voice that was echoing in her head all day said.