5

Kayla's POV

"Luke?" I ask, extremely confused. "What the fuck are you doing here? Damn, this is the second time you've visited me at night, you just can't stay away from me can you?" I half joked with him.

"Shut the fuck up Heathers." He growled at me.

"Well then why are you here? I'm getting freaky déjà vu." I demanded.

"Same as last time. No fucking clue."

"Why weren't you at school?"

"Well like I said last time, I feel bad for what I did, and I didn't think I could face you..." He trailed off.

"Okay Hemmings, what's the deal. You say you hate me one minute, then the next you're bawling your eyes out and telling me you feel bad. I don't get it." I said.

"I don't get it either. I was sitting ok my bed and then the next thing I know I'm standing under your window, figuring out how to get up here. I had to see you. See if you were alright. Did anyone give you shit today?" He questioned.

"Why the hell would you care if anyone gavel shit? You're always giving me shit. Why are you still here? You really just can't get away can you," I smirked at him. He scowled.

"You're fucking annoying, you know? You're just like a.. a bee. You keep buzzing around and you don't fucking leave me alone."

"A bee? Seriously? That's the best you could think of? God, that's gonna stick now isn't it? Bee. I better get used to now." I sighed, knowing he was going to start calling me that all the fucking time.

"You bet it's gonna stick, Bee." He smirked at me. "So you're sure that no one gave you shit today? Because if they did, I swear to fucking go I'm going to rip their balls off tomorrow." He growled again.

"Wait what the fuck? Why are you going to defend me?"

"I'm still fucking figuring that out. What happened in school today?"

"Nothing, your friends just made me sit with them at lunch today and they signed my cast, see?" I showed Luke my cast in the dim light.

"Can I sign it?" He asked. I grabbed a marker off my nightstand and handed it to him, realizing he was still standing by the window after all this talking.

"Sit down Hemmings, your legs outta be fucking tired." I pointed at my desk chair and he looked relieved to sit down. He scooted the chair up to the side of my bed and grabbed my arm. He signed his name and drew a bee.

"A bee? Fucking hell, I'm gonna be called Bee for the rest of my damn life for fucks sake."

"Yes you are Bee, I thought we established this already."

"Yeah what ever Hemmings. You can leave if you want now, I'm tired." I told him, yawning.

"Well I'm tired too, and I sure as hell ain't going down through your window right now. I'll just sleep in this chair. Good night Bee." He said, nodding off before I had the chance to offer him the guest room.

Again, I was really confused as to why he was being semi- nice to me. He hates me, right?

*

When I woke up in the morning, there was a note on my desk.

Bee-

I left around 5 am. See you at school if I don't end up dying trying to get to the ground from your window.

-L

I got ready for school in record time, seeing as I overslept until 7:30.

When I got to school, I saw Luke already standing by his locker, almost as if he was waiting for me.

"Bee. You are eating with us today." He said.

"Oh no, it's alright, I don't want a repeat of what happened on Friday-" I was cut off by Luke talking again.

"It wasn't a question. You're eating with us today. And if anyone else besides Ash, Mike, Cal or me says a thing to you, you will tell me immediately. Okay?" I was speechless at his protectiveness, which was kind in a way.

Now there it is again, the kindness. Luke was kind to me last night, but I expected him to automatically be mean to me again the next day. I guess I was wrong. Fuck, this boy was hella confusing.

Luke walked with me to every class. He told everyone who looked at us weird to fuck off. They did.

Lunch was nice, then he walked me to every one of my afternoon classes. He also helped me hold my books, since my arm was broken. I was grateful for that, of course.

*

After school, I did the same thing as the day before, and at the same time as the previous day, someone clambered through my window just as I was falling asleep.

"Before you ask, I know why I'm here this time Bee." Luke said quietly. I noticed that his cheeks were tear stained when I turned my lamp on.

"And why is that Hemmings?"

"Because I've been lying to myself."

"What?" I was completely confused. What the fuck, lying to himself?

"For the past three years, in fact." Another tear rolled down his face.

-----

Ayyyeeee so double update cuz u felt like it bitchezzz

So this might feel like it's moving really fast, but that's because it's a shorter story, it's not going to be 70 fucking chapters long. It's going to be more like 20-30 ish chapters.

Sorry for any mistakes, nobody's fucking perfect:)

Follow me on IG @stayclifford if you wanna:)

I hope y'all are likin this so far!

-Lily