1

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED VOLTRON YET!!!

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!

On planet Earth, after a year, everyone is content and happy after the war was over.

Altea is thriving once again and the planets were once again knowing peace and prosperity. Coran decided to stay there so that he could Voltron was no longer needed and the paladins finally could rest.

Pidge and her family are training the next generation of Legendary Defenders, Hunk is spreading unity with the power of food, and Keith is helping others alongside the Blade of Marmora. And Shiro, after a long time, finally found happiness with his husband, Curtis and they spend their days together joyfully.

However, Lance is still figuring out how to move on after the love of his life, Allura sacrificed herself to save all of the realities, including their own.

Now, he works on his family's farm, planting Juniberry flowers, reminded of how much she loved them since they reminded her of her once extinct planet.

As he works in the Juniberry fields, far away from the barn house, he sits underneath an oak tree, staring at a tiny bud that still hasn't bloomed.

Lance smiles sadly at it while stroking the altean marks underneath his eyes. He still considers it a final gift from Allura, as well as the gift of continuing to live peacefully with everyone.

As much as he is grateful for this, he can't help but continue to feel grievance for the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his days with.

The Lions had disappeared a long time ago and he still wonders what could have happened. And what could have been if...

Soon, a figure runs towards him in the fields. Lance sits up straighter, supposed to see who it was coming to greet him.

"Veronica? What are you doing here?" He blinks surprisedly, hiding the Juniberry behind him as he waves awkwardly to his sister.

She still works in the Next Generation Legendary Defenders Program, training the poor souls there to be the next ones to defend planets against threats. The siblings still kept in touch, but they didn't see each other all that much since she left home for work.

Veronica pants heavily first before speaking to him. "As much as...you like to...sit here...HOO!" She gets her breath back. "Couldn't you have sat somewhere a little bit closer to the house?"

She waves this off. "Anyway, Pidge sent me to tell you that the other guys want to meet up with you on Altea. For, um...Allura."

Lance hadn't heard her name in a while. When Veronica said it, it just caused a swell in his chest that made him feel like ripping his heart out of his chest. He knows he should be happy or moved on already...but can you ever really let someone go forever and not think about them everyday?

His sister notices this and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Lance, listen...I know that I don't understand how it feels for you. That I'm not going through the same thing you're still going through and I can't take the pain away. But I do know Allura's probably happy that you're still here. That you and the other paladins are spreading peace throughout the universe like she wanted. And sharing her story and caring for her planet in her stead."

Veronica hugs Lance tightly for a few seconds before whispering, "She'd be so proud of you. And I know she'd hate it if you still weren't acting like yourself."

He starts to cry, but then holds the tears back, since she just reminded himself that Allura would always scold him for crying for crying over this.