Chapter 6

texts

jughead: betty can we talk?

betty: i'm good

jughead: did veronica tell you?

betty: yeah she did. listen, let's just not okay? this is not working out and you love toni anyways

jughead: no i don't

betty: whatever. bye forsythe. hope toni gives you stds and kills you with it. lots of love xx

betty blocked jughead

••

betty sighed in disbelief, she still hasn't processed the fact that jughead is a lying cheater. she will not waste her own time and energy for someone that isn't worth it. she only had veronica, her mom, polly, and juniper and dagwood by her side at this point and in all honestly had no idea what to do anymore.

the baby.

she needed to tell someone other than veronica , maybe her mom since she was the only person home. betty carefully walked down the polished steps as she silently made her way to the kitchen.

betty's pov

i was honestly so scared to tell my mom, millions of thoughts were circling in my mind. would she send me off to the sisters or sisters of quiet mercy like she did to polly, or make me abort the baby. i wanted this baby as it was a part of me. a part of a whole.

"hey mom.. can we talk?" i mumbled.

"do you want to talk about how that beanie wearing ass cheated on you with a whore from the south side?" my mom questioned.

my eyes began to water up and i could feel a warm droplet of water falling down my face. i had to collect myself, i couldn't let him get this much power over me. i have to stay strong for me, along with my baby.

"how.. how did you find out?"

"please, elizabeth. you didn't think i wouldn't know everything that happens to my own daughter?"

"seriously mom, who even told you?"

"calm down. it was veronica who told me, why do you ask?"

she told her? what the fuck! i know she is my best friend and all but that's not okay. i should've been the one saying that to her, not her. i'm her daughter, not her.

"uhh you know what? never mind. i'll go up to room if you need me."

"okay?"

i was furious with veronica, a new feeling. i didn't exactly know why i felt that way but i did. what is happening to me? maybe she had a reason.

b&v's call

it took three tries for ronnie to actually answer.

v: hey loser, any updates? need someone to drown in ice cream and watch netflix until we're forty with? i'd be up for the job!

b: *laughs* no. this is serious veronica.

v: oh sorry. is it about jughead?

b: oh my god, no, it's not! let me finish!

v: what's your problem, betty?

b: it's you! my problem is you. who else have you told about me and jughead's breakup? or was it only half the school?

v: uhh what? you actually think i would do that to you?

b: well.. i don't know! you told my mom, so how many else countless people have you told?

v: no one else, what is so wrong about me telling your own mother what happened! she deserves to know! , she yelled.

b: yeah i know, but i could've told her! her own daughter. but since she knows it doesn't matter anyone. this argument is stupid.

v: i'm done. clearly i am not trustworthy for you, betty. all i did was support you. jughead did the right thing for leaving your vulnerable ass.

*veronica hangs up *

betty stood there jaw open.
"she. did. not. just. say that!"