Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Early the next morning, Su Le's phone rang as she climbed out of bed. She scratched her messy hair, that was like a bird's nest, while dazedly picked up the call, "h.e.l.lo."

When Wei Chu heard her groggy tone, he remained composed and politely greeted her. Knowing that the other party was still half asleep, he gave out a low laugh, "En, it's me. Are you still not awake yet?"

"Huh?" After hearing such a familiar voice, Su Le's eyes instantly widened and she quickly looked at the clock hanging on the wall. She coughed dryly, "Wei Chu, ah, wait a moment. I'll come down immediately."

Since they were going to a barbeque site, then it was not suitable to wear dresses or high heels. Su Le speedily changed her clothes and step into some canvas shoes before leaving her home.

Wei Chu was somewhat frightened by the sight of Su Le, who wore no makeup and was not in her dress, heels, or a delicate handbag, running towards him. It was only until Su Le came right up to him did he react, opening the car door for her, "Let's go have breakfast first before going to the meeting place."

"No problem," said Su Le as she yawned. When she rested against the seat, she yawned again.

"Didn't have a good sleep last night?" Wei Chu asked while smiling.

"I kind of suffer from insomnia the night before whenever I travel somewhere," Su Le closed her eyes half way, "Whenever I have to go out to play or travel for business the next day, I will always wake up in the middle of the night thinking about what could happen the next day. This problem of mine cannot be fixed."

Wei Chu frowned, "Then what about travelling long distances?"

"The same happens," Su Le tried hard to keep her eyes open but in the end she closed her eyes.

Wei Chu remembered that on Xiao Yao's wedding day, Su Le also looked very tired. So, she had such a problem! "Do you want to see a psychologist?"

"It's no big deal. There is no need for such a fuss," Su Le opened her eyes and rubbed her forehead, "If a small problem like this needs a psychologist then there must be loads of people in the country who needs to see one. Nowadays, people have all sorts of illnesses."

Seeing that Su Le was still yawning, Wei Chu asked, "How about sending you home instead. Let's not go today." Even though he wanted to create more opportunities for them to interact, he didn't have the heart to force her after seeing her in such a state.

"It's nothing, I'll be fine after a while," Su Le shook her head, "Sometimes, when I need to rush a ma.n.u.script, I would be awake late at night and would still go to work in the morning."

Since Su Le said that, Wei Chu did not insist on sending her home and he instead stopped the car near a small restaurant before ordering two breakfast. He was only relieved when he saw Su Le slowly perk up.

—————-

When they arrived at their destination, Su Le saw a large field that was planted with trees. There was a small area that was set up with the grill and next to it were some stands that were set up neatly. On the stands, there were many seasonings, meat, vegetables, and fruits. It was a comfortable sight. Su Le sighed ruefully, "coming to these type of places to barbeque really makes me feel guilty."

The rich are so lavish even when it comes to barbeque. Su Le thought back to when she was young. She and her cla.s.smates would grill some crabs in a cave and, at that time, the only seasoning was table salt. Even though it was just salt, they had to secretly sneaked it out from home. Su Le immediately felt the increase in living standards as well as the large gap between the rich and poor.