Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Because Wei Chu had some urgent matter to attend to, Su Le went to meet with some of the female employees from Wei his company. She greeted them politely before chatting with them. They were all courteous with each other and talked about the general things.

Those present had experienced the process of climbing their way up the corporate ladder, so they would not act rashly and ask any personal questions. Their discussion topics were about fas.h.i.+on, business, or something about their work. Su Le who was in the middle of this group of women acted properly so that she wouldn't make her company, BaiSheng, lose face.

"Since there is nothing to do at the moment, let's all go to the spa," someone suggested. Naturally Su Le wouldn't refuse, but what was upsetting was that in this group of women, all of them had a VIP members.h.i.+p card. As for Su Le herself, she could only use her credit card for this expenditure.

After the spa treatment, Su Le did not feel her face was extra glossy or anything. Leaving a small room, she went to sit on a sofa and picked up a fas.h.i.+on magazine to read while she waited for the others to come out.

"Here's a cup of coffee."

"Thank you," Su Le lifted her head to thank the waitress. But once she saw who it was, the smile on her face instantly became stiff whereas the other party's expression was even more unsightly.

Su Le had heard about Zhuang Wei firing Lin Qi, but she had never imagined that Lin Qi would work as a waitress at a holiday resort. Su Le moved away her line of sight. She didn't want any more unnecessary contact with Lin Qi.

Lin Qi straightened her back after a short while and lightly snorted, "Never thought I'd see you at a place like this, it seems Wei Chu's been treating you really well."

"Even though I may not be rich, but I can still afford to go to a spa," Su Le replied while carelessly flipping the pages of the magazine, "If a woman needs to rely on a man to do anything, then that is not success but failure. Not just a failure as a woman but a failure even as a person."

Although she understood who Su Le's words were hinting at, she could only hold her anger in because she was a staff member while Su Le was the guest. Because of the situation she caused in the business party, Zhuang Wei had fired her. And due to no other companies wanting to hire her, she had to work as a waitress for the the being. But remembering back to the three room apartment that was under her name, the bitterness in her heart was mostly, although reluctantly, diminished. No matter what, at least Zhuang Wei didn't leave her empty handed.

"Zhuang Wei gifted a 100 square metre apartment to me, what did he give you?" Lin Qi thought with haughtiness that when she broke up with Zhuang Wei, she had gotten an apartment while Su Le got nothing.

"It was Zhuang Wei who dumped you so it's normal for him to give you a break up fee," Su Le smiled while lifting up her head, "Thanks for the reminder, you have just reminded me that I should give something to Zhuang Wei as a break up fee."

Lin Qi's face became extremely unsightly and it was after a while before she could squeeze out a sentence, "Don't be so full of yourself." Then she spun around to leave. But she didn't walk far before she b.u.mped into someone. Lin Qi hurriedly apologised as the other party said it didn't matter before stepping past her. She quickly turned her head around. The person she b.u.mped into was actually Wei Chu.

Wei Chu did not even spare her a glance and was already by Su Le's side while effortlessly expressing his desire to curry favour her. The expression on Lin Qi's face changed multiple times but she let out a bitter smile in the end. She had always treated Su Le as her rival but never did Su Le ever saw her that way, and presently, it was still Su Le who won while she lost. Perhaps she should never have tried to get in between Su Le and Zhuang Wei because if it wasn't for her, then there was no way Su Le would meet such a good man like Wei Chu. Everything that has happened was because of her, so who can she blame?