Chapter 48

Chapter 48

"Your mood doesn't seem to be very good," Su Le instantly noticed that there was something wrong with Wei Chu once he got out off his car. She touched her chin while she carefully asked, "Could it be ... you're bankrupt?"

Since he saw Su Le's mood was still the same as it had been that morning, Wei Chu let out a breath, "Yes, that's right. I'm bankrupt. I don't have a single penny on me."

"It's alright. You still have a car and a villa. If that's not enough, then I'll raise you," Su Le magnanimously smiled at Wei Chu, "Don't successful men like to raise pretty girls? Then, for others to see me as a successful woman, I don't mind raising a pretty boy."

Wei Chu felt like his position has gotten degraded again. He had now fallen down to the position of a 'pretty boy'. He couldn't help but sigh deeply, "Then, my master, where would you like to go to have lunch?"

"You need to ask your master about such a small matter? Shouldn't you have already been prepared?" Su Le lifted her chin. She was very satisfied with his cooperative att.i.tude.

"Since we had hotpot yesterday, let's have something lighter like a ca.s.serole today," Wei Chu didn't mind being teased as a 'pretty boy' since he noted that Su Le was currently in a good mood. Anyway, most men had all sorts of nicknames coined by their girlfriend, and 'pretty boy' was only used for people with good appearances. This proved that Su Le liked his appearance. At least being called a 'pretty boy' was much better than being called a 'pig' by his girlfriend. He was satisfied.

"To capture a woman's heart, first conquer her stomach." It was definitely a truthful saying. Not only were Wei Chu's cooking skills good, but he had also searched around for highly rated restaurants with tasty food. He knew which restaurant had the best Sichuan food, and even knew which alleyway store had the best lamb skewers.

—————-

This restaurant's ca.s.serole was truly not bad. Su Le ate some tender meat as she secretly rubbed her rounded waist. It seemed like she had gained quite a bit of weight recently. As expected, good food was the natural enemy of the woman's waistline. After she had finished musing over it, she carried on eating some beef.

"Once we're finished, let's go back to my place. Let's have dinner together." Wei Chu placed a piece of spare rib into Su Le's bowl. His voice was slightly sullen as he said, "There isn't much meaning in eating alone."

Su Le discovered that Wei Chu was disciplined in balancing work and rest. Apart from attending dinner parties, he didn't mess around outside and his actions were steady. He didn't go clubbing all night and he never had one-night-stands with women. Even when Su Le was dating Zhuang Wei, there were occasions where he would go out with his friends and forget about the time. Wei Chu was wealthier than Zhuang Wei, and his position was even higher than his, but Wei Chu did not pick up any of these bad habits.

He was such a good man. Su Le ate the spare rib. Such a good man belonged to her. Su Le's mood improved further as she chewed on the rib.

"Okay," Su Le nodded. "Your computer is better than mine anyway. Even when there are many players in a game, your computer doesn't lag."

"You like playing online games?" Wei Chu asked interestedly, " What game did you play?"

"It's a game adapted from a martial arts novel. I only play it occasionally. I'm not that interested in it." Su Le scooped two meatb.a.l.l.s into Wei Chu's bowl. "Ca.s.serole doesn't taste as good once it has cooled. You haven't eaten much today."

"Yep." Wei Chu actually didn't like eating meatb.a.l.l.s but since Su Le was showing care for him, he was very happy to eat it. Even the meatb.a.l.l.s he didn't like tasted better than usual.