Drunken Confessions (Phan One-Shot)

~Phil POV~

I woke up to the sunlight streaming in through the window and nearly blinding me as my eyes adjust to the lighting. Looking around I'm highly confused as to why I was in this particular room. Then slowly the memories began to kick in. Last night would be an unforgettable one, that was for sure. Two weeks ago Dan and I had been invited to a party hosted by big-name sponsors for Youtube. It was being held at a fancy club in London, and all the big-name Youtubers would be there. At first we had decided to not go, and instead enjoy a day in and take to the couch for a Buffy marathon. But after multiple threats and pleads from Chris and PJ, I finally gave in and Dan followed suit. Thinking back on it, I'm quite happy PJ and Chris had persuaded us, because that pary was what I needed to make me finally open my eyes and lose my fear of rejection.

~Flashback to day before~ Still Phil's POV~

"Phil, how do I look? Too much leather or not enough?" Dan calls from the bathroom. I shake my head and smile as I follow his voice to find him standing in front of the mirror adjusting his hair. For reasons I refuse to acknowledge, my heart gives a painful throb when I take in the sight. Dan wears his leather jacket over a dark button-down with skinny jeans. His hair was curly, which was a first.

"Daniel, this isn't a costume party, you can't walk in like Bilbo Baggins!' I fake scorn, earning a death glare from said hobbit-haired man.

"Shut up, my straigheners have stopped working and gel and hairspray won't keep my hair straight." Dan replies.

"You know I'm teasing. Your hair looks better, in my opinion, when it's curly."

"Yeah..." he then proceeds to play with the fringe that was settled on his forehead, as if he hadn't heard a word I'd said.

"For Pete's sake you look fine, Dan!" I say as I slap his hands away from his head. Eventually he gives up and gives a heavy, dramatic sigh to which I respond with an eyeroll. Catching me in the act, Dan turns to face me and smirks. His eyes start to drift from my face, and it looked like...no. Was he? Was he actually checking me out?

Well, to be fair, you kinda just did the same to him.

Good point.

It got to the point where I had to avert my gaze because I was convinced that my face was on fire and I felt terribly awkward just watching him. After what seemed like ages Dan stops his heated staring contest with my neck and begins to walk towards me. As he leans closer his cologne floods my senses, and he's so close his warm breath is hitting my face. Then his hands are on my neck and the only thing processing through my brain is that he's going to bloody kiss me and I'm not prepared in the slightest. But instead of pressing his lips against mine, he fixes the collar on my shirt and presses his palms against my chest before stepping back. He smiles and asks "Ready?"

"Yep." I say, and with that we hurry out the door, locking it behind us, and drive to the club.

~~~~~~~~~~

The lights inside this club were really getting on my nerves. One second they're bright and light up every nook and cranny, the next it's so dim I can't see my own hand in front of my face. Music was blaring and the place was really crowded. Currently I was sitting on a small couch uncomfortably squished next to strangers that were undeniably drunk and were in the middle of a really emotional heart-to-heart conversation about how annoying the other was. The minute we stepped into the club I lost Dan, he was probaly drunk in some dark corner mumbling to himself. Outwardly laughing at the thought, I decided to go look for him. I somehow manage to fight the crowd and find him engaged in conversation with a girl at an empty table in a corner. As I near the table, Dan sees me and waves me over.