Ominous Occurrences

Dedication: To @ChocoDiamond for the lovely new cover (there's a picture on the side too; isn't it pretty?). Thank you so much! I loved it :D

Chapter Sixteen: Ominous Occurrences. 

STATUS: Not edited (drop the corrections to any mistakes you find, in the comments section please(: ) 

[Song to the side, 'Importance Of Being Idle' by Oasis because they are legendary :D ] 

IMPORTANT: Okay, so I think I'm going to be taking out the entire 'aim for each chapter' thing. I'll update whenever a chapter hits around twenty votes, but if I have a chapter ready before that, then I'll update a couple of days after the previous chapter. It's about time I get encouraged from the current readers and stop depending on the votes :)

“You can never hurt me,

And you will never cause me pain

Cause you're made of fire,

And I'm the heavy rain.” 

― Ghaith Salloum, Burning Innocence.

"H-how can I see you?" I asked Skye with wide eyes. I couldn't see him when I was not in that ghost-like form before, so my question had pretty logical bases. 

"When Nyle lifted his spell, he unlocked your powers as well," Valentina answered instead of Skye, "As you grow aware of them and as the spell wears off, they manifest until they are strong enough to make an appearance. This is why you can see Skye." 

Skye's smile grew even wider before he rushed forward and attempted to hug me, his arms went right through me instead. I shuddered as I felt their frosty, ethereal feel. 

"The only thing that sucks about being a ghost is that I can't give free hugs anymore,'' Skye pouted before his wide grin returned to his face, ''You've discovered the little parasite in your head, haven't you?''

"Parasite?'' Valentina growled, "I am not a parasite!'' 

"Anything that lives off a host body is a parasite to me, love," Skye said before he turned towards me and wiggled his eyebrows, "Done staring at me?" 

My eyes narrowed and I hissed, ''I just can't believe that I can see you."' 

"'It's alright, honey," Skye winked before he pulled off his cap and ran a hand through his hair, ''With my godly good looks, nobody can take their eyes off of me."' 

"'Ha ha," I muttered dryly before I perched myself at the edge of my bed, "'Hey, can I ask you something?"'

"'Aren't you already?'' 

"'Smartass,"' I commented and heard Valentina hum in agreement, clearly still annoyed at being called a parasite, "'How did you die?'' 

I expected Skye to glare at me, grow uncomfortable or at least scoff at my blatant question. Instead he sat himself on the ground before my bed and chuckled, "'I don't remember."' 

I blinked and stared at him, "'What? Is that a normal ghost thing to not remember? Or is it just you?" 

"'It's just me,"' he said before he leaned against the bed, ''But it does make things better. I mean, I'd rather happily live-'' he laughed a little before he continued, ''-I mean be a happy  'floating corpse' than a depressed one who left a lot of dreams and stuff, in his wake. Know what I mean?"'