Camouflage

No one bothered to dress up, it's not like trick-or-treating was on the agenda. As they started walking Sarah noticed the nervous way Misty's eyes were darting and took her hand with a soft smile, Misty observed this for a moment, looked away...then squeezed her hand back, the faintest signs of a smile sparkling in her eyes. They were still on their guard when the witches came and took their bullies up and away, screaming into the night. It scared everyone else at how Misty's face reminded impassive, before they started running. Sometime later, while at their neighbors house, Misty had come to a conclusion.

They could get hurt, and it would be my fault. "I can't let that happen." She mumbled under her breath. "Hey," she jumped as Mr. Chu placed a hand on her shoulder. "Misty right? I have the most perfect outfit for. I got it just in case a gorgeous chick happened to grace my humble abode." She arched a slightly skeptical brow as he handed her a black dress bag.

"I don't-" "I'm not quite sure it's your size but you're a small person I think you'll make it work." A faint smile tugged at her lips as she took the bag from his arms. "Thanks, I'll try it on." Before heading off to the downstairs bathroom.

~

"Where is she?! We don't exactly have all the time in the world." Sarah angrily exclaimed, Sam rolled his eyes. "Relax Sarah, her zipper probably caught on something." "Nope, no zipper, just a lot of rearranging fabric." The three whirled around and froze, jaws promptly hitting the ground.

The once dark mysterious Misty had completely changed, now she was wearing an ankle-length, spaghetti strap bright red dress with golden lining and a slit down the side so they could see her laced up black flats and dark gray tights, on her hands were elbow length black gloves, over her shoulders a shiny black cape, her eyes were dusted with black and blue sparkles eye shadow, her face neatly brushed over with white face paint so that she looked flawlessly pale, and her lips dark red with costume lipstick. After a long moment of stunned silence, she crossed her her arms.

"What?" Everyone snapped out of it. "Nothing." "You look great." Said Sonny and Sam. "Why couldn't I have been the hot vampire?" Sarah said, her voice with the hint of a whine. Misty rolled her eyes. "I don't think good looks are gonna get us anywhere tonight, let's go." As they started off down the street, Sam began to notice something. "Hey Sonny, is there such thing as monsters finding other monsters attractive?" Sonny looked to his friend with an arched brow. "Why are you asking that?" "Look around."

It was true; the monsters were beginning to look their way, except they weren't looking at them, they were looking at Misty. The way her cape and let down hair gently danced in the October breeze, the confident way she strode with her head held high, even those without hearts couldn't help stopping as she passed. It was starting to feel really awkward when something jumped out in front of them, making all four of them jump, Misty was first to regain herself.

"Oh hello." The creature that had jumped out before them was a vampire who, had it not been for his red skin, would've been blushing furiously at that moment. He scuffed his boot in the ground as Misty giggled sweetly. "Delightfully frightful Halloween isn't it?" The monster glanced up before nodding. There was a short pause, before he removed his hand from behind his back and stuck it out, holding a wilted looking red rose, Misty gasped faintly.

"For me?" He nodded and she took from his hand, smelling it with eyes fluttering closed. "How very sweet." Before she strode right up to him and peaked his cheek. He let out a bat light squeak of surprise before running off into the night. Misty giggled before tucking the flower behind her ear while turning back to her friends to find them gaping.

"What? I can't have a little fun? Now come on, we've got a town to save." And off they went, Misty with her arms behind her head, smiling slightly, Sam and Sonny realizing at the same time how awesome she was, and Sarah fuming over (but secretly envious of) her playful spirit.