Chapter 2

Is he serious?

"We are going to kill our enemies." says Mark.

"Sssh! Be quiet, Mark! We could get expelled for just saying that!" says Leah.

"I'm in." I said.

"...What?" they both responded.

"The club. I'm in. Anyways, wouldn't we need a sponsor?" I asked.

Mark replied,"I didn't expect you to say yes, but that's great! On the other hand, I've already got a sponsor in mind..."

Mark pointed at our teacher, Mr. Saenz, as he walked in the classroom. We greeted him and bowed like usual.

"Everyone take your seats, now!" said the teacher. He reeked of alcohol. He must've drank last night. How do I know this? I sit in the very front.

I could tell he was in a terrible mood.

"Someone write a warm-up on the board!" He points at Leah. "You! Forgot your name. Come up with something so we can get started."

I could tell Leah was trying not to look angry. She walked over calmly and took about two minutes to come up with a warm-up.

"How hard is it to write a warm-up, Leah? Go on! It's just a sentence!"

Our classmates laughed, trying to get on his good side. I don't think they thought it was funny, though.

"Well, you see Mr. Saenz, some of us want a good education, and we are not going to get in a good university if you don't start acting like a actual teacher. You asked me to write a warm-up, and I am doing what you told me to. So you have no right to judge me for a few minutes of your time." said Leah.

She sat down in her seat, as if nothing happened. The whole class glared at her.

"Don't you know how to respect your elders? See me after class." he said.

Mark told me it was fine, though. They had a plan.

____________________________________________

After class, Mark and I peeked through the window as Leah stayed in the classroom with Mr. Saenz.

"You owe me an apology, young lady." he said.

"I sincerely apologize, I hope you can forgive me. To make you feel better, we are starting a club, and we chose the one and only you as our sponsor. You'll get money for staying overtime."

That got his attention.