Untitled Part 36

Wow, Oliver felt that kick all the way to his knees and as he stumbled, he looked up surprised. This guy was strong, and quick. Oliver countered by grabbing him an in a clinch hold and using all of his strength to push him back, trying to make him lose his balance. However, as they stumbled Khabib purposefully fell to the ground and grabbed Oliver in an arm bar. Oliver cried out in pain as his arm was clasped between the strong fighters' knees.

Oliver kicked up with his feet hitting Khabib in the face and it forced the fighter to loosen his grip just enough for Oliver to get out of the hold. Oliver leapt to his feet and they faced off again.

Tommy, Slade and Felicity were on the edge of their seats as they saw Khabib throw a cross punch that hit Oliver in the jaw and when his head flew to the side again, Felicity cried out. It caused him to stumble and just when they thought that Khabib was going to take him down the whistle blew for a break. Oliver stumbled to his corner and Felicity watched as Yao Fei calmly talked to Oliver.

Oliver stepped back toward the center of the ring as he and Khabib circled again. His face was hurting and he could feel blood dripping into his mouth from a cut on his cheek but he moved forward and used a hook punch that connected with Khabib and made him stumble. Taking advantage Oliver quickly moved into a spinning back-fist. Oliver faced Khabib and then spun around quickly with one fist outstretched, using the momentum generated from the spin to put force behind the resulting contact with Khabib's face.

Felicity cheered up from her seat as she felt the momentum of the fight shifting in Oliver's direction but suddenly Khabib countered with a sweep and Oliver went to the mat. Khabib immediately went into a triangle hold and Felicity watched in horror as the referee started to count.

Oliver felt the air leave his lungs and as Khabib wrapped around him he could not breath. Oliver grabbed at his legs trying to get Khabib to release but he was not budging. His thighs were like steel. As he felt his lungs start to hurt for air, he remembered something Yao Fei had taught him and he quickly went into a meditative state before he reached back and pinched a nerve in Khabib's upper thigh that immediately caused them to release.

Oliver crawled away gasping for air but Khabib was not giving him any relief. He came down with an axe kick that hit Oliver in the back and the air left Oliver's lungs again as he hit the mat.

Felicity was finding it hard to watch as Oliver tried to crawl a little further away to get his breath and then soon the referee called for another break. She could hear Oliver coughing trying to breath and John and Yao Fei rushed to his side and moved him back to his corner. She saw Yao Fei talking to him again, and John looked at Yao Fei in shock. She saw John say something but Yao Fei ignored him and soon it was time for the fight to continue.

Oliver turned and took a deep breath, his chest heaving and hurting his muscles protesting. He could feel fatigue setting in and he knew if he was going to make a move he needed to do so quickly. He waited as Khabib moved closer and soon it was as if he was anticipating Khabib's moves one after the other. As Oliver gained momentum, he finally executed a spinning back kick then immediately launched into a take-down. He got Khabib to the ground and then moved into a rear naked choke hold. He tightened his arm around Khabib's neck and as his opponent's face turned red, he finally felt the guy tap out.

Oliver released him and then laid back on the map completely exhausted as cheers erupted. He finally struggled to his feet and when he felt the referee lift his arm in triumph, he caught Felicity's gaze. She was screaming and jumping up and down and he motioned for her to approach as he moved to the ropes. She was lifted up by both Slade and Tommy and then she was kissing him. He grabbed her under her arms and lifted her over the ropes and as the applause continued, he buried is face in her neck and hugged her tight.

He had won!

***

Oliver's father approached him as he was leaving the ring and Oliver felt some pride as he was finally able to introduce him to Yao Fei. He knew that there was no way he could not have won this fight without him.

"Yao Fei, it is an honor to meet such a legend in the MMA." Robert stepped forward and shook his hand. Yao Fei nodded to him.

"I witnessed some of your fights back in the day. I was impressed." Yao Fei said, and Robert smiled.

Yao Fei turned to Oliver and he gave him a look of approval. "You did good Oliver. You focused and channeled your energy toward your opponent when you needed to do so. I am glad you listened to me."

"I could not have done this without you and John." Oliver turned to his friend John and he gave him a hug. John was beaming in pride and he looked at his wife with a proud grin.

Oliver gave him a respectful bow and Yao Fei bowed in return. Felicity looked up at Oliver when Yao Fei walked off and asked, "What advice did he give you?"

"He told me to remember what I had learned in meditation and told me to try to see myself through my opponents' eyes. He said when I did that, I could anticipate his next move in my head and counter act his attack."

Felicity thought back to his fight and that was exactly what happened. She leaned up and kissed his cheek and hugged her closer to his side.

Soon he was bombarded with photographers and everyone stepped back to let him deal with the media and answer the questions and get his picture taken. They took some with him and John and then with him and Yao Fei and Felicity could not get over the pride that filled her chest.

She saw Quentin and her mother hurry over and they all hugged as Quentin looked at Oliver like a proud father.

Felicity pulled Quentin aside. "I had a run in with Laurel at the coffee shop."

Quentin sighed, shit! "I am so sorry Felicity. I thought her coming would be a good opportunity for her to get out of the house. She promised me she would stay away from you and Oliver and after seeing her behavior and how she had changed, I actually believed her."

"Quentin, it's fine. It's not your fault. In fact, we ran into each other purely by coincidence. In fact, we talked and she apologized and told me about her move to California. I am happy for her."

Quentin smiled softly, "Thank you Felicity. If I haven't told you I am glad that Oliver met you."

She squeezed his arm as they both looked at Oliver, and he finished up his interviews and then walked their way. Quentin gave him a hug as did Donna and he smiled at him. "I am proud of you son."

Oliver pulled Felicity to his side as he looked out over his family and when Thea ran up and hugged his neck enthusiastically, he had to laugh.

"Great job big brother. I am impressed. Now I can brag that my brother is going to be in the championship fight." Thea grinned as Roy held out his hand pulled Oliver into a hug.

"Great job man."

"Thanks Roy."

Oliver looked down at Felicity with a soft look and she could see the exhaustion in his eyes.

"You won." she whispered softly, so very proud.

Tommy and Slade walked up and grabbed him into hugs as they slapped his back, both beaming with such pride for their friend. Everyone knew what this meant.

Oliver was going to the championship.