day five hundred and forty eight

"master, you can't seriously be going back!" genji argued, his naïveté getting the best of him for the first time in three years.

"i made a promise, genji. i intend on fulfilling it." zenyatta answered, calm and unbothered.

"they cast you out, master! they treated you like villains! they-"

"have you forgetting everything i've taught you, pupil?" zenyatta said, interrupting. "forgiveness. understand, accept, move on."

genji stared as zenyatta reached the open doorway. his master turned and faced him.

"are you coming?"

————

"nope."

"jesse, just-"

"no!"

fareeha sighed. "you swore yourself to the cause. does it mean nothing to you now?"

jesse sighed a long groan. "there are things you don't understand, fareeha. you never saw the things that happened back then, you were too young."

"who the fuck do you think you are!?" she snapped back. jesse jumped, now sitting straight up in the small metal chair. "i have fought a never ending war for the past five years and i have seen things you've never even seen in your nightmares!" she yelled, fuming with anger. "i have been the child of war ever since i was born, and so have you. we've both lost people in this war, and it's time to end it." she said, stepping closer and sticking out her hand. "we have been called to do what we do best..."

"won't you join me?"