Chapter II - The Augurey

Delphi's POV

We went to Mr. Lestrange's place trough apparition, which gave me a slight stomach ache but nothing serious.

- Would you like a tour? - he asked.

- Yeah, sure. - I said, awkwardly. That was the first thing we had said to each other since leaving Mrs. Rowle's place.

We started walking and he explained to me everything about the house: it had a kitchen, full of house elfs working and doing whatever house elfs do; a living and a dinning room, which were bigger than Mrs. Rowle's, but not too much; three bathrooms, a few storage rooms and three bedrooms. 

He showed me to my bedroom and decided to let me settle there. It was big, with it's walls painted in dark grey and blue, it had paintings all over them, but there was one that caught my attention. It was an augurey, a beautiful Irish phoenix painted in a greenish grey. It moved it's feathers in a delicate way, and opened them, then closed. It is said that augureys could foretell the coming of rain and storms, and I could relate with them since I was born in one particular rainy day, that led to storms that lasted multiple days. They also are known because of the unbearable sounds they make during winter. In my opinion, they are just misunderstood creatures, who want to have a say and be important in this world. That's why they make those noises. So they can be heard. I know, it's lame. But that's what I think, and that's why I admire them so much, and can relate with them.

I was still looking at the painting when Mrs. Lestrange coughed to get my attention. I turned around and mumbled an apology but he just smiled.

- You know, - he started. - your mother was very fond of that painting you're looking at. Do you know what is it?

I nodded - An Augurey. - I said, smiling.

- Exactly. - he said, then looked at me. - I have no idea were you get that sweet smile from! Both your parents looked like maniacs when they smiled!

I laughed at that. - Could you tell me more about them? - I asked quietly.

- Well... where to start? They were both really strong minded, respected and... hmm... visionary. Your mother was really stubborn, I remember the struggle I had every time I tried to convince her of something she though differently! I remember this once she refused to talk to me for a whole week only because I contradicted something she said! But if there is something I know is that they both would do anything to protect those who they loved.

I smiled. But it was a sad smile, a smile that said so much but yet made no sound, and I felt myself starting to cry. I held Mr. Lestrange's arm and he pulled me into a full hug, which I retributed without thinking, while I sobbed in his chest.

After a while I finally felt myself relaxing and broke the hug.

- I'm sorry Mr. Lestrange. I'm not usually that emotional, I guess I just got sad I never got the chance to meet them. - I said, almost in a whisper, as I was trying to compose myself.

- It's alright, and call me Rodolphus, will you? No need for formalities, you're family. - He said, smiling.

And for the first time in forever I felt home, and I felt safe.