Chapter X: This Is It

The 30 minutes had passed.

Nate jumped back to avoid a punch and fired a jab at the soldier's face.
He was found by someone that was left behind to guard the back gate.

The soldier avoided the jab and hit Nate with an uppercut. He took dizzy steps backwards only to receive a punch to the stomach, Nate coughed out blood.

Poor soldier had no idea Nate's father signed him up for a boxing program once in summer to get him into sports and away from animals and environmentalism.
If there's one thing Nate loves more than animals, it's seeing bad humans getting punished.

He was a general coward, but when his anger fuse gets popped, it's a different story.

Nate smirked, he grabbed the soldier's arm and twisted it outwards, the soldier leaned back in pain as Nate quickly punched him under the rib.

He grabbed his collar and sent a knee right between the soldier's legs.

The guy fell on the ground. Nate caught his breath and took away the communication device from the man's torso.

He threw it away swiftly and wiped his bleeding jaw.

Raising his blue eyes to the level of the Jeep, he exhaled and wiped dust off his dull yellow hazmat suit. He licked his bloody lip and adjusted his black driving leather gloves.

His sandy brown hair was messier than he usually wore it but this was not the time to worry about attracting the ladies. No one knows that tomorrow, the 8th of January, is his birthday.

He will reach level 24, that's right.
A person only grows wiser, even if they become biologically older. A man's death is reached when he loses his ambition.

Nate had a mission, and he wasn't going to fuck it up.

Just as he was about to walk to the jeep, he received a strong blow to the skull by a hard item.

He winced in pain and turned around, the soldier had risen again and he held a plastic pipe for a weapon.

"i won't say this again, leave this garage at once. its for authorized personnels only" the messy black haired soldier growled

He grimaced and attacked with his found weapon.
Nate dodged the strike and rolled against the garage aluminum wall, he equipped himself with a hammer from the tool box.

The soldier's dirty face fell at the sight "dude that's not fair"

"you're the idiot who was on guarding shift without a gun" Nate declared "leave before i crush your brain into baby food"

Nate's grip around the hammer was trembling. He took a defensive pose.

"you know what i think, i don't think you can do it. You got all these muscles on you but you wouldn't actually kill someone" the soldier smirked

A sound of an assault gun reloading and bullet shells hitting the ground was heard behind the man.

"he would never. But i would." Mary's voice threatened

"why do i always gotta save damsels in distress" Mary said sarcastically, walking slowly to Nate's side and pointing her loaded M416 with an attached AR surpressor and a x4 scope at the horrified soldier.

"hey, I'll have you know i had this under control" Nate puffed

"your legs are shaking babe" Mary smirked, fixing the soldier with a diva's glare "I'm the engineer, the sexy jeep is mine. You just attacked my assistant"

"i- o- i didn't know he was your assistant mam" the guy stuttered

"get the fuck out of here before i have general Texas firing your ass" she warned